Thursday, May 17, 2007

Day 17

We are SO excited around here...just about halfway through this month. We will see our daughter's face VERY soon! We just can't imagine who she is, where she is, what she looks like. The anticipation is killing us!

Yesterday was my day with Jing, my Chinese friend. I just adore her. She's so funny and sweet. She brought us Lychee which is a Chinese fruit that is dried. The shell is very thin, you crack it open and there's a delicious dried fruit inside.
We practiced the four tones in Mandarin. I had to tell her that I really am tone deaf and that's why I wasn't catching on very quickly. She taught me to say "Pardon me, I don't understand" and "Where is the bathroom." I have a feeling I'll be using these phrases a lot.
I have just been looking at the Chinese Cookbook Peter and Allison sent us. Makes me crazy hungry every time I open it. I am cooking Chinese for the second time this week. Thanks P & A for this beautiful book, we love it!

No comments: