Tuesday, January 27, 2009
My sister, Emily, and her three girls came for the weekend. We loved having them and miss them already. They carried around Magnolia all weekend and she loved it. We called her a koala because she wouldn't let them put her down. They played and read together and had a really good time. We made crepes, shopped, and just hung out. The girls loved to talk baby names and feel the baby kick. It was a really nice weekend. On Sunday my other sister, Mary, came over with her husband and two girls. Mary is pregnant also. She's due end of June and just found out she's having another girl!!! This little boy of ours has NO idea what he's in for! :)
Monday, January 26, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
It must have been the coldest day of the year yesterday. I can't keep track anymore. It always seems cold here. Wind chills were 40 below so we decided to stay in all day. I took advantage of being in and continued my cleaning and organizing rampage. I also turned on the camera to record a day in the life of Miss Magnolia.
2. Giving her favorite dog, Clifford, morning kisses.
3. Wearing my headband, she loves to wear my headbands.
4. I can't put on lotion without her wanting to put it on too.
5. Trying to get dressed, jumping on the bed, and trying on new clothes to see if they fit. I no longer buy her things for the future because I've been so off on sizes and seasons when it's time to wear them. She grows at such a slow rate! These jeans are 18-24 months and even though they fit in length, they are huge everywhere else. Back in the drawer they go with so many other clothes.
6. Reading books in her chair.
7. Finally dressed, dusting the walls. What a great help that is!
8. Making a phone call to Santa on my cordless alarm clock. There was talk about reindeer and more toys...
9. Lunchtime. Hot dog, avocado, and apple.
10. Nap with raccoon.
11. Awake and watching her current obsession, Harold and the Purple Crayon. It's the first obsession of hers. All day long there's talk of Harold and his purple crayon. She begs to watch it all the time. She only likes to draw with purple crayons. Her red screwdriver from her tool bench set has become her purple crayon and the last scene in this show is constantly played out in this house.
12. Playing in big girl room, changing polar bear's diapers.
13. Daddy's finally home and now she can get thrown in the air and swung upside down.
14. Magnolia refers to her nighttime chart when getting ready for bed. It lists bath time, pjs, brush teeth, read books, and lights out. She loves this chart, it has kept us all on schedule and nighttime is a breeze now in her new room!
Thursday, January 08, 2009
Magnolia's Big Girl Room is finished! It was easy to do once we got going. George took down the seagrass wallpaper that was on one wall, painted the ceiling white and the walls a pale pink. We used pretty much everything from her nursery as far as decor. In her little alcove we put the white chaise longue that I reupholstered a few years ago and hung a wall shelf low for her books.
We used the antique dresser I found at the second hand store on the island this summer and loved the old finish on it so much decided to leave it as is. We hung up her collection of birds I found at a fabric store in a small town in Ireland while we were waiting for her. The weathered branch they are hanging on is from the shore on the island. Below the branch is a framed copy of her arrival home announcement. The beautiful needlepoint was a gift from her Aunt Elizabeth, it hangs above her bed and is the focal point of the room. The wool felted things were made by her Nana. The dress she wore in China and I adore. The quilt on her chaise I made for her from napkins I found at Wm. Sonoma. I also made her the bouquet of paper magnolias on her dresser. These are just a few of special things that fill her room, there are so many more! I don't know if it's because of that, or because it's pink and green, or just because it brings out the little girl in me, I just love it and so does she!
(The only new things we bought for her room were these closet organizers which I highly recommend and these pillows which were a real steal!)