Friday, January 16, 2009

It must have been the coldest day of the year yesterday. I can't keep track anymore. It always seems cold here. Wind chills were 40 below so we decided to stay in all day. I took advantage of being in and continued my cleaning and organizing rampage. I also turned on the camera to record a day in the life of Miss Magnolia.


1. Magnolia brings graham crackers, milk, and her red screwdriver (see number 11) to my bathroom. Somehow she got into the pantry to get these out and within seconds we both stepped on them and crushed them into a million crumbs.
2. Giving her favorite dog, Clifford, morning kisses.
3. Wearing my headband, she loves to wear my headbands.
4. I can't put on lotion without her wanting to put it on too.
5. Trying to get dressed, jumping on the bed, and trying on new clothes to see if they fit. I no longer buy her things for the future because I've been so off on sizes and seasons when it's time to wear them. She grows at such a slow rate! These jeans are 18-24 months and even though they fit in length, they are huge everywhere else. Back in the drawer they go with so many other clothes.
6. Reading books in her chair.
7. Finally dressed, dusting the walls. What a great help that is!
8. Making a phone call to Santa on my cordless alarm clock. There was talk about reindeer and more toys...
9. Lunchtime. Hot dog, avocado, and apple.
10. Nap with raccoon.
11. Awake and watching her current obsession, Harold and the Purple Crayon. It's the first obsession of hers. All day long there's talk of Harold and his purple crayon. She begs to watch it all the time. She only likes to draw with purple crayons. Her red screwdriver from her tool bench set has become her purple crayon and the last scene in this show is constantly played out in this house.
12. Playing in big girl room, changing polar bear's diapers.
13. Daddy's finally home and now she can get thrown in the air and swung upside down.
14. Magnolia refers to her nighttime chart when getting ready for bed. It lists bath time, pjs, brush teeth, read books, and lights out. She loves this chart, it has kept us all on schedule and nighttime is a breeze now in her new room!

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Looks like a perfect day!!! Magnolia is as busy as Lucy! Isn't it amazing all of the things they do?! Hope you are staying warm. It is freezing here as well and I am ready for it to all come to an end. Wishful thinking on my part though as I know we have a long way to go! Hope you have a great weekend!

- Bridget

ps - I have been eyeing the bedding that you got for Magnolia's big girl room for some time - I just love it!

Jboo said...

What a wonderful busy day she (and you) had! Have to just stay in when it is that cold out! Love your photos and descriptions and reminds me so much of Maddy when she was younger. Clifford was a favorite of hers and Harold and the Purple Crayon too.

Stay warm and have a good weekend!
Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

We are having really low temps right now too....makes me want to stay home and not go anywhere!!

Sounds like you two had a busy day....she is so sweet...changing polar bears diaper....sounds like she might be getting ready for her baby brother!!

Hope you enjoy your weekend:)

Lisa

almost forgot...the chart sounds like a great idea...we could use one of those around here!

Jennifer said...

I agree it is cold here too! Not as cold as it is for you, but pretty chilly :(
I am over it and ready for the spring.
I love your pictures of her day, she looks like she is so much fun right now!

I love the chart too, we need one of those. Where did you get that one?

Jen