Tuesday, June 19, 2007

That was then...

What is now?

It was during this weekend that somewhere across the world an auntie in an orphanage took our daughter, dressed her in an adorable yellow outfit, pushed her hair across her forehead, and had her pose for these photos for her new parents.
That was April 28th, 53 days ago, when she was just 6 months old. How has she changed, how has she grown? She's going to seem to much bigger when we get her. I'll be glad that she has grown but also a little sad. Our baby phase will be so short, I will cherish every moment of it.

This picture was taken even earlier...probably when she was only 5 months old. This was the first photo we saw of her. This little mug shot was sent to us via email shortly after our call. It was black and white and very grainy, it was the only picture we had of her for 24 hours. We fell in love with her immediately. I did laugh however, when I read "Polo Sport" on her shirt. I thought, who is this child halfway around the world in China wearing Polo Sport! Turns out this shirt has been around. I've seen quite a few other babies from the same orphanage wearing it.
That's a good sign, she's used to wearing used clothing.
Things are very busy around here for us and all of a sudden my days are flying by. This week I'm concentrating on cleaning out the nursery...washing everything. I will also be making a trip to buy gifts for people in China. I've been given a rough guideline but check back to see what I come up with. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing.

Em