Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Lagging

Wow, this jet lag is harder than I imagined it would be. I kept thinking, mind over matter, it won't be that bad. Wrong, it's bad. It's hard but it will be over soon. I keep hearing from those who adopt from China, it takes 2 weeks until you feel "normal" again. If that's the only thing that is hard right now, I'm feeling pretty darn grateful. Magnolia is such a gem! She really has such a sweet disposition, she really is very very easy. Although it doesn't look like she's been smiling much in the photos, she has. We've just been too tired to take many photos!

She had her first doctor's visit today. She ranked only in the 3rd percentile on the growth chart, the American Formula Fed Growth Chart that is. Still, she is low on the Chinese Growth Chart. The doctor said she's just petite and otherwise impressed at how healthy she looks! She was also blown away by the fact that she's right on developmentally and when she went to hold her, Magnolia turned towards me and cried, "ma." Very good! I'm loving it! :)

George gets quite the greetings from Magnolia in the mornings and when he comes home at night. She jumps up and down, very excited, smiles, and reaches for him. This just makes his day.


This is what 3am has been looking like the past few nights.

In just a few days, Magnolia has learned to pick up her Gerber Puffs and put them in her mouth, she's not using her "pinchers" yet but she's close! She does NOT like me to help put them in her mouth, she's very determined! This is a great thing to do at 3am!
She claps her hands ONLY when she gets one in her mouth, makes me laugh every time.
It took a few days to get Miss Magnolia in her car seat. We would go in the back seat and play so she could get used to it and then I hung toys all around and fed her Gerber Puffs until I was able to get her in...just yesterday. This is her first ride in a carseat so I had to take a picture, she looks sad but she's just tired, she fell asleep seconds later. We have yet to take a ride when I'm not in the backseat with her, that will be another story I'm sure.
It still seems so crazy to finally be home with her. We're so happy, we're so in love. She is just such a joy in our lives! We feel so lucky.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucy and George,
What an incredible journey I have followed with you. Your posts are the first thing I look for the in morning and the last thing at night. For some reason I have not been able to post things until now. Magnolia is just too special for words. She is a true beauty that was meant to be your daughter. Your are such extradordinary people that deserve the very best. I can't wait for all the updates and really can't wait to meet her. Love you, Aunt Jenny

Anonymous said...

Mom and I send our love this rainy Wisconsin morning from our motel room in Madison, wishing we were still there with you to hold our so beautiful grand daughter. Dad

George's Dad said...

I share all of your joy from finally having her to experiencing all of hers and your firsts