Thursday, October 18, 2007

Cooking & Gaining Weight

My friend, Christine, and her son, Charlie, came over for a visit yesterday. I was making granola and Charlie had the great idea of helping me. We spread oats, brown sugar, and coconut on the pan and Charlie and Magnolia had the best time spreading it around and eating it by the handfuls. I just wish I had a close-up of their faces, they were glistening with brown sugar!

I took Magnolia to the doctor today for her second round of immunizations. I asked if we could weigh her because I was sure she didn't gain anymore weight since she's still wearing some 3-6 month clothing. Oh boy was I wrong! She weighs 18.3 pounds! She gained almost a pound since our last visit! Since her little legs are so sore from the shots, I carried her in the sling while I made soup and cupcakes. I'm getting good at cooking with a baby in my arms. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're so lucky to have such good friends. . . Love from Tom, Christine & Charlie :)