Tuesday, February 26, 2008

16 Months

Our funny girl is 16 months today. I wanted to take her picture in a pretty dress but she wouldn't stay still and she wouldn't look up at me. This is what I got instead. She's such a goof. Here are my Magnolia updates at 16 months. We gave up all bottles, against my will. I wanted to hang on to at least one bottle for as long as I could. Magnolia, however, was never even attached to her bottle and she really stopped wanting it all together. So one night we stopped giving it to her. I don't think she ever even noticed. I wasn't ready to give it up. It seems like I just got her (which I did) and all those bottle feedings are now just bonding moments that I miss a lot. Sigh. She interacts with books now. She knows what's coming next, she'll act it out or fill in the blanks, she also likes to find the kitty in her Karen Katz books. She is the absolute happiest when the three of us are together, I love that. She's getting bigger and stronger. She likes to walk up and down the stairs either holding my hand or using the railing or wall. She loves to spin, dance, be dropped or turned up side down, she loves getting dizzy. Everyday we love her more and more when it never seems possible that we could love her anymore. She's so much fun and has me laughing more than I've laughed in a long long time.

3 comments:

The Pruntys said...

16 months already! Seems like just yesterday you were bringing her home. They grow up too fast, don't they?! Magnolia seems like such a sweet, funny and loving little girl. We hope to meet her one day soon! If you're in St. Louis over the summer, look us up -Jack would love to meet Magnolia at the park.
:)

Emily said...

Happy 16 months magnolia! We love you! Emily

Jennifer said...

Happy 16 months!!!!