Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Elizabeth & Rob

I finally had a chance to put together a slide show of the wedding. It was gorgeous and I'm afraid my photos don't do it justice. The ceremony and party just flew by and I wish I could rewind the clock. I met some of Magnolia's admirers (via the blog) and wish I had more of chance to talk to you. Thank you for introducing yourselves and continuing to follow along our blog, I'm flattered! I had no idea how hard it would be attend a wedding with a toddler until we got there and our seats were in the front row. We sat for all of 2 minutes before I knew it would be trouble. Magnolia was actually quiet, she was just very busy and refusing to sit still so I ended up watching the ceremony from a distance with one eye on Magnolia. The other thing I wish I knew was not to wear heels if you take your toddler to a wedding, especially if you haven't worn them in over a year! I think it all came down to the shoes, the heels really slowed me down! Magnolia had a blast...eating two egg rolls at the reception and cutting a rug in her pjs which I regretfully missed. I also realized it's impossible to say hello to people, keep an eye on a toddler, and take photographs all at the same time so, I didn't get the photographs I wanted. I should mention that George had a small part in the wedding so I was without his help...all of these things I never took into consideration! Our camera battery died after the fire truck photos so anything taken after that was taken on our other camera which does not compare. So, like I said, these photos do not do this wedding justice. It was even more beautiful and magical in person. George's mom did all of the flower arrangements and they were SO beautiful. White paper lanterns lit by candles hung from the trees. The tables were on a terrace under a big tent and the tables were lit with votives. The music was great and everyone was dancing. It was such a fun time! Congratulations Elizabeth & Rob! We are so happy we were there to share in your day! We wish you two the best! xoxo
note: this video is 7 minutes long, if you want to get straight to the wedding fast forward to about 3 and half minutes. enjoy!


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like a beautiful wedding! So glad everything went well for your trip home. I love Magnolia's pink party dress :)

Jodie said...

LOL no - heels and toddlers do not mix. :) Nice video!