Thursday, September 11, 2008

Some Favorites

I will admit that Magnolia and I are rarely separated. On this day however, we parted ways so I could go to my MOPS meeting and she could to to their daycare. I held my breath as she's never had a babysitter! An hour passed before someone came to get me and tell me that Magnolia needed her mommy. She was sobbing and nothing could soothe her. I was, however, very impressed that she lasted an hour. I took these photos of her before we left because it was such a big day for us both. She wore the backpack Nana got her filled with her water and snack.
One day I was in the kitchen while Magnolia played outside. I went to check on her when I found her walking across the driveway in my shoes!
Magnolia loves to wear my headbands and when they're not across her eyes like sunglasses then she pushes them up on her head like this. Makes me laugh every time especially since my sister and I used to do this all the time too!

7 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

At least she made it an hour....it is always tough when Mommy has to leave...not sure who takes it harder, them or us?

The picture of Magnolia in your shoes is so classic....little girls always want to wear Mommies shoes....she is too cute!

Love the new header!

Jennifer said...

Oh, Lucy, it so hard to leave them! An hour is pretty good... She looked so cute with her backpack and really cute in your beautiful red shoes :) Have a great Friday!

I also love your new picture!

Jboo said...

She is such a little sweetie, isn't she! Separations are hard --especially at first. She looks adorable with her backpack and in your shoes. Girls -- they always want to wear Mom's shoes, don't they! Have a fun weekend. Love your new look!

Janet

Football and Fried Rice said...

The picture of Magnolia in the driveway with your shoes is priceless!! Doesn't every little girl try on Mommy's shoes?

Poor baby at MOPS!! I hope next time goes better!

Bridget said...

Those are the sweetest pictures - I love her packpack and her adorable plaid shoes! It is so hard to leave them - I'm glad she lasted an hour - pretty good for her first time. Hope you all have a great weekend!

- Bridget

The Pruntys said...

What a doll in that backpack! Everytime I try to put Jack's backpack on him he falls over backwards. LOL. I guess he puts too much stuff in there. Love the beautiful pictures. You are such a great photographer.

Lori said...

Oh my, these are the cutest! I love the little plaid shoes!! :)