Thursday, December 18, 2008



I can't believe only one more week until Christmas! I'm hosting a gingerbread party tomorrow and have been busy getting ready for that. Last Christmas while we were in St. Louis, we went to the one George's family hosts every year. It was SO much fun, I wanted to have one too! I was pretty intimidated to make 8 gingerbread houses. My friend gave me the idea of taking little milk cartons and covering them in graham crackers. That wasn't as easy as I thought either but it will work. I'm also making gingerbread men cookies to decorate so at least we'll have something gingerbread!
-I haven't taken any pictures lately so I thought I'd include these Christmas card out takes...

5 comments:

Jboo said...

What a great idea to have a gingerbread party!

Love your photos -- what a beautiful dress on Miss Magnolia!

Have fun at the party!

Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

If these were the outtakes, I can only imagine how beautiful the cards will be.

Enjoy your party...sounds like fun!!

Happy Holidays!

Lisa

anne & david said...

I miss our gingerbread house party. Such fun memories. We adored your Christmas card-- hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

Bridget said...

Magnolia is stunning as always- love her beautiful dress! Your gingerbread party sounds so fun - I had one planned but the time slipped away - maybe next year. I'm sure yours will be great - can't wait to see pictures. Anyway we are getting ready to go to St. Louis for the holidays and in case I didn't check in before we left - I wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a very blessed New Year! Enjoy the holidays at home with your sweet family!!!

- Bridget

Jennifer said...

I love the pictures! I loved your card to ;)
How do you have time for a gingerbread party?? What a cute idea! Hope it was fun...

Jen