Monday, June 01, 2009



Here's a little of what's been happening around here. George is getting bigger by the minute. He'll be 2 months tomorrow. His eyelashes have turned from blond to brown. The hair he lost on the top of his head is coming in now. He's smiling a little more. He copies me sticking my tongue out and blowing bubbles. He's starting to make a little cooing sounds. What a difference two months makes. His cries don't intimidate me as much any more. We can settle him down one way or another. He loves his bath and is a good sleeper at night. He's still waking up but we're getting him down to one feeding and hopefully none soon! I love to hold him and cuddle him, I love it when I have alone time with him. He's such a little doll baby and I'm enjoying him very much!
Magnolia continues to delight us everyday. She's really into jumping lately. Here she is jumping off of her picnic table. She is such a daddy's girl, she will not leave his sight...ever! Here she is helping him lay the mulch.
Here she is giving him a back rub after he put down 10 yards of mulch!
Playing in her water table. Love that her swimsuit is on backwards to show off that cute little behind. :)
Here she is going potty before heading out to run errands with her daddy. We're still working on getting her completely potty trained. We're taking a very relaxed approach to it so we'll see if it works. :)
Here she is wearing pigtails. She loves her pigtails. I'm always torn about whether or not to grow her hair out yet. I often get it to this length and then cave and go for the inverted bob which looks so cute on her. I also love pigtails so I'm going to try to hold out a little longer and see how it goes.
One last shot of George sleeping in his bouncer.
So, that's what's been going on around here. George will have his two month checkup this week and we also celebrate Magnolia's referral day. I'm also going to be heading out of town to visit my parents. They have only seen George for the first couple of hours on the day he was born!

5 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I can't believe it has been two months already!! He is so precious....I love that last picture of him....so cute!!

Glad to hear that you are all doing so well....Magnolia's pigtails are adorable. Good luck with the Potty Training....we are still working on that....sometimes I wonder if she will ever be fully trained!!

Hope you all have a great week!

Lisa

Jboo said...

Wow -- 2 months already!! He looks so sweet! And could that Magnolia be any cuter! She sounds a lot like Maddy who is also a total DAddy's girl!

And I'm same with hair -- Maddy doesn't like hers pulled back or in pigtails, so we're always getting it cut.

Have a great time visiting your parents! I'm sure they are anxious to see you and kiddos!

Janet

Jennifer said...

Hard to believe that George is TWO months already! They are both so precious! I love the pictures and the pig tails two. We potty trained both boys at a little over 3 and I did it in two days. It was nice and smooth :) I wish you luck...
Have fun at your parents, have a safe trip!

Jen

Bridget said...

Two months and cute as ever that little George. Magnolia looks so sweet in every picture. I love the one where she is giving her Daddy a backrub!!! Her pigtails - so adorable! Glad the potty training is going well - we have been at it a few weeks now and all seems to be going well! Have a great visit with your parents!

Bridget

Casey said...

Such adorable pictures!! Your son is precious... I can't even remember when they were that small :) Hope you all are well.