Sunday, June 14, 2009


We had a great time in South Bend last weekend. I drove all by myself with both kids and it went much better than I had anticipated. I was dreading having to pull over at gas stations or worse yet, be stuck in Chicago traffic with Magnolia needing to go potty and George screaming. I discovered a Whole Foods right outside of Chicago that was my saving grace going and coming. It was clean, I could feed the baby, Magnolia could stretch her legs, and we could get healthy snacks. It was great to be back in South Bend. My parents are living there temporarily of sorts and have an adorable bungalow with a fabulous front porch. We made a trip to the zoo and visits to see family in town. It was a great time and of course, it's always nice to get spoiled by mom and dad!

Magnolia having her first GoGurt on the porch.

Nana & Baby George

Magnolia and her Papa at the Zoo
Magnolia feeding the fish Thank you for everything mom & dad! We love and miss you!!!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like a great time! So awesome that you were able to make the trip on your own! I bet Magnolia and Geroge had a blast! I am sure Daddy missed the three of you! Rest up :)

Jen

Jboo said...

Good for you and the road trip alone! Wow! Look like Magnolia had so much fun. And Baby George with your Mom -- so sweet!

Have a good week.

Janet

kimpanek said...

You're always welcome to stop by our house on the way to South Bend or back. We're right off of Lake Cook Road. Our neighborhood is behind Northbrook Court. We'd love to see you guys!

The Pruntys said...

The kids are adorable! Our favorite snack around here is to stick some Go Gurts in the freezer. They make a great popsicle - one of our favorite snacks!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful trip!! Whole Foods are the best.....what a great place to stop with the two little ones:)

Such sweet photos of your precious family....I bet they hated to see you leave.

Have a wonderful week!

Lisa