Thursday, June 18, 2009

Weight that is. I packed on a whopping 50lbs in my pregnancy. Do I regret it? Nope, not one single bit. I think it was one of the most enjoyable parts of my pregnancy. I ate my way through all of the stress and worry. I dreamed of food, I poured over cookbooks, I baked and I cooked to my hearts content. During the month of December I baked a batch of cookies every single day for Christmas. It was great fun and every single thing I put in my mouth tasted wonderful. Just two weeks post partum I lost 30 lbs. Since then I have worked hard to lose 10 more. I've got 10 more to get to pre-pregnancy weight and then 10 more just because I was overweight to begin with. I'm working on it and I'm motivated. George bought me a gift after having the baby of a huge gift card to my favorite store. (With Magnolia I got a strand of pearls. We've certainly gotten more practical!) I'm so excited at the prospect of getting a complete wardrobe makeover and will only allow myself to do so when I get all this weight off. I still can't get my wedding rings on either, I haven't worn them in months! I've been walking alone at night. Alone. All by myself. Alone. With music. It is heaven. I haven't walked alone in 2 years! Now every night after dinner I head out the door for 30 minutes of absolute ALONE time and I love it. I went out this afternoon to buy new running shoes. Nothing like a new pair of shoes to motivate! Magnolia discovered high heels while we where shopping. She promptly took off her maryjanes and traded them in for a pair of black stilettos. I will never forget the sight of her walking towards me in those things! With tears in my eyes from laughing she ran from me...yes, she ran from me! I witnessed a woman's amazing natural born ability to run in heels in that moment...from my two year old! She insisted we bring them home, refused to take them off, hid from me wearing them, told me to go away, and that if mommy was getting shoes she should too! I wish I had a picture!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

That makes me feel better :) I'm higher in the weight gain than I should be. I need to just enjoy the pregnancy and worry about the weight later! Glad to hear everything is going well!

Casey said...

I think you're doing an amazing job. I had my son 10 years ago and still have weight!! HAHA!!

I totally get the high heel fetish... Em can work it in a pair of high heels. She walks better in them than me!! I'm a flip-flop kind-of-gal.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

WOW...I am so impressed...,you lost that fast:) I still have a couple holiday pounds hanging on me and it is driving me crazy....but I have not been serious about losing it....putting on a bathing suit might jolt me in the right direction:)

Sarah and Magnolia would get along perfectly....every morning she grabs a pair from my closet and walks around our bedroom...it always amazes me how they can walk in heels that are so high!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend....Happy Father's Day to G!

Lisa

Bridget said...

Lucy -
Good for you!!! Sounds like you lost it fast and are enjoying your alone time while walking:)Nothing like J. Crew to motivate one!!! It would get me going:) Love that Magnolia loves high heels - so does Lucy and I laugh every time she wears a pair - with ease I might add. Hope all's well and you are enjoying a lovely summer!!!!

~ Bridget

Jennifer said...

Lucy,
You are doing great!!!!! You are so good! I still have baby weight to lose!
Alone time.....hmmm what is that :) I guess my early gym time counts?


Jen