Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I'm so excited to start a new decade. While the past decade was bookended with two of the most glorious times of my life; my wedding and the arrival of my children, it was mostly sandwiched with a whole lot of heartache. I look forward to the next year and ten with my family. It was all I ever wanted and now I feel so blessed to have it. We sat down together on January 1 and wrote down our goals and wishes for the new year. I took our brightly colored pieces of paper and hung them on the branches of our apple tree in our backyard. That way we can see them from the kitchen window and be reminded of our thoughts. They also look pretty flying around in the wind. It was the start of a new tradition and we'll see if it's one that sticks...

Best wishes to you for a Happy & Healthy New Year!

***if you look closely, you can see one of Magnolia's wishes,"learn to swim." Among that, there was "run fast and not fall down" and "be a really good listener to mommy & daddy."

5 comments:

anne & david said...

love this new tradition...a perfect way to start what is sure to be a terrific decade.

xxx

Bridget said...

Happy New Year!!!! Here's to a new decade of happiness with that gorgeous family of yours!!! Love your apple tree and especially love Magnolia's resolutions - so sweet!

Jboo said...

What a great traditioN! Magnolia's resolutions are so sweet! Have a great WEdnesday!

Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy New Year Lucy!! I hope the new decade is filled with lots of love and happiness for your family.

I love your new tradition.....and Magnolia's goals....too cute!!

xoxo,

Lisa

Casey said...

Happy New Year!!! What a cute tradition. I love the "run fast and don't fall down" resolution. I have that one on my list too. :)

I agree with you. This past decade has been full of the best blessings and some of the worst heartache. I'm ready for a fresh start in 2010.

Wish you all much peace in 2010!