Monday, April 26, 2010


  • Lots of house showings.  Great feedback.  Two different buyers really love it.  Still no offers. This is exhausting.  
  • The house I was in love with in Milwaukee sold.  We tried to buy it but had to place a contingency and they couldn't accept it.  I'm still trying to get over it.
  • Since George's first round of antibiotics he's had a stomach bug and now a virus with pink eye.  On top of that, his molars are coming in.  Poor thing has been miserable for two weeks now.
  • Last December the island had one of the worst wind storms it's had in a long time.   Many of our trees came down including one big tree branch which pierced a hole in our roof.  Inside water damaged our couch.  Outside our deck table was smashed to pieces and the gutters ripped off.  Thank goodness for insurance.  We went up to the island this weekend to pick out roof shingles for a new roof.  We were due for one anyway.
  • George took off walking recently.  It's been fun to watch him go!
  • Magnolia is learning to button.  She has mastered her tricycle.  She continues to learn to read.   She asks to listen to jazz in the car and has an amazing ability to call out the instruments that are being played.   I'm attempting to grow out her hair for the 100th time.  I just need to get past this awkward stage.   I think she's going to look so cute with braids!
    • We are loving this gorgeous Wisconsin spring.  I never knew they existed here!  On this day      Magnolia and George almost ate an entire pineapple.  It was a perfect warm spring afternoon in the yard.
    • Today Magnolia turned three and half years old.  We celebrated with a balloon and cake.  Happy Half Birthday Magpie!
    • Fourth Open House this weekend.   Wish me luck!

    4 comments:

    Casey said...

    Selling a house is NO fun. And I hate when you find a house first... I'm sorry it didn't work out but I'm willing to bet once your house sells you will find one you LOVE. Hang in there!

    George looks so cute walking!!

    Jill said...

    Good luck!!! :)
    I am guessing I might have asked this before, but where in WI are you living right now? (I saw you mentioned the house in Milwaukee...) I am from Oconomowoc, are you close by?
    Happy 3 1/2 Birthday Magnolia!

    Jboo said...

    Great photos! Oh my -- you've been busy! Good luck with the house sale and finding a new one! George looks adorable walking and his big sis is so cute! Happy 3-1/2!

    Janet

    Bridget said...

    Hey Lucy - Sorry about the house in Milwaukee - that is so frustrating! I am sure the perfect one will come up when you are ready! I hope your house sells soon - I know what a pain it is keeping it all together and hoping for those buyers - it too will happen:) George is so cute and getting so big! Magnolia is as adorable as ever! Love that she requests jazz - Lucy does the exact same thing:) Do you guys have the book, "The Jazz Fly?" it is so cute and comes with a CD to listen to while reading the book. All of the different instruments are pointed out and Lucy loves to dance to it and act like she is playing the the instruments! I would highly recommend it! Impressed that Magnolia is reading - we are working on the Bob books and Lucy is coming along! Well I hope you guys are enjoying the spring! Good luck with the house sale:)Sending positive thoughts your way!

    ~Bridget