Friday, June 11, 2010

Over Memorial Weekend we went up to the island.  Magnolia and I sat on the top deck of the ferry and watched as we made our way across Death's Door.  She LOVES coming to the island and it's so much fun to share in her excitement of the journey.
Nana and Papa came with us this time making the trip even more special.
Here's Nana singing "I Knew a Funny Little Dutch Girl" with Mags.
I LOVE this shot of the kids with Papa.  Magnolia adores her Papa, a match to an imagination as wild as hers.  He never tired of reading The Billy Goats Gruffs to her.

We rented a big truck and brought up new deck furniture and a ton of plants to complete the new landscaping in the front of the house.  George (and George) did all the hard work and it looks great.
That was a particulary great weekend because we sold the house that weekend and weren't even around to stress about all of the showings!  The following weekend was an impromptu girls weekend (with the exception of Georgie).  It was a wild and crazy time with these 5 under the age of 5.  We all had a blast and my sisters and I worked on a new window display for Mary's salon.  Big George had a weekend with his friends.  I was so happy to have the company of my sisters and nieces!

Four wild girls and one super annoyed little boy.

We had a garage sale today.  Feels great to get rid of so much.  Tomorrow is our first serious house hunting trip.  We are seeing SEVEN houses!!! All with a 15 min. time frame.  Kind of manic way to house hunt but the best way we can think of with 2 small kids.  I know the minute I walk in a house and if it's a good feeling we'll arrange for another visit.  So excited to see what's out there!   Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Such adorable pictures!!! Love seeing the kids with their grandparents!!! Congrats on selling the house!!!! It alwats happens when you least expect it!! hope your house hunting trip was successful! I like you know it when I see it!!! So hope you saw something you loved!!! The kids are cute as ever!!! Hope all's well!!

~Bridget