Thursday, September 02, 2010

Four for a Week

We had such a great time last week with George home from work.  We did so many fun things!  One evening we took dinner down to the beach.  (Reminder not to do that again for a few years...George managed to get sand in all of the food).  Magnolia and I jumped in the waves.  We built drip sandcastles and did a whole lot of running around and burying each other's feet in the sand.  Little George, who never strays far from me, rested his head on my legs as I was shooting photos.  I had to snap it because it was just too sweet.
One morning we got up early and headed to the zoo.  
It was our second visit and Magnolia headed right for the Spider Monkey, she knew right where it was.
They love the train ride.  Magnolia also had her first pony ride!

It was a fun filled week together with a day trip to Chicago, lots of new parks discovered, long walks. and even two lunch dates with just the two of us!  We even got a lot done around the house.  It seems for all the work that we've done that it's hardly made a dent.  I honestly can't figure out why it's taking so long.  We are nearing completion on the outside and the screened in porch.  We are the middle of deciding on living room furniture and are waiting for fabric samples to arrive in the mail.  I'm starting to doubt that we'll have a living room by Christmas.  Our dining room started once we found a mid century teak table at an antique store.  Then we found 4 chairs on Craigslist.  They need to be reupholstered and we'll obviously need to find 2 or more chairs.  The chandelier in the there is horrendous as are the mini blinds.  Let's just say, we're a long ways off on that room as well...sigh.   I love this stuff, it keeps me so busy and it's my biggest creative outlet.  I love it even more that we are doing all of the work ourselves and on a pretty tight budget.  Last night I was decorating in my sleep....   :)  Be back soon.

2 comments:

Jboo said...

Sounds like you are very busy -- good busy, right! Love your beach photos and that little George just gets more adorable every day! Magnolia looks like the perfect big sister!

Good luck with your house projects -- seems like we always have something to do with our older (charming) house! :) Have a great weekend!

janet

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful week! I am so happy that you love your new neighborhood and house!

Stop over to my blog and see our news!!!!

Hugs,

Dawn