Thursday, July 21, 2011

Nags Head!



My parent's family of 8 has grown to 27 including 14 grandchildren.   For some of us, we are pretty spread out and don't see each other very often.  Every year or so we all gather at the same time and place.  This year we met in Nags Head, in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
Like my other Wisconsin family members, we decided to make the drive...all 20 hours of it.  It turned out to be one of our favorite parts of our trip.  Here we are in Lexington, VA.  We stayed at this old house they turned into a hotel.  It was such a pretty town and a great night stay.

The next day we stopped in Williamsburg, VA.  While we'll save the historical side of Williamsburg for another trip, we enjoyed lunch and some shopping before we made our way into Nags Head.
I loved this hot dog stand where we got to draw on the chalkboard while we waited to order.  Can you see above Magnolia's head where I wrote "all the way from Wisconsin!"

Sweet potato mustard and coleslaw on our hotdogs, fresh squeezed limeade?  We don't get that in the north!
Couldn't resist this picture!
I kept looking at this picture wondering where she got the tennis ball but it's 2 limes, these two are trouble!
Happy Father's Day!
This was the beach we stayed on, beautiful!

Walking out on the sunny pier, George is wearing the first pair of shortalls I made for him.
A full belly makes a happy boy.  His is filled with Lobster here...
The kids were a little intimidated by the crashing waves on the beach at first.  They eventually warmed up and loved playing on the shore.

Fourteen grandchildren...I don't see Sophia, she must be in there somewhere.  Poor Anthony is trying to keep George from running to me...






It was HOT, it was beachy, it was so MUCH fun!  There's so much more to show and share.... And when I have the chance,  I will!

  To my family: I will somehow put together a file that I can send to you.  It was great seeing all of you, we had a wonderful time!

1 comment:

Jboo said...

I've been checking on you and waiting to hear about your beach vacation! Looks lovely -- what a wonderful large family!! Wow - Magnolia and George are getting so big!! More adorable every single day!

Janet