Friday, July 29, 2011

Our kitchen is nearly complete!  It has been a really fun process.  I'm almost sad it's over.   It was so much easier than I thought.  It helped that we went on a lot of vacations during the remodel and that we have my parents in town who sent me home with more meals than I can count.   This was our first week working in our kitchen and boy did I cook up a storm.  Here I'm making Fried Zucchini with a Tomato Coulis.  Yum!

Here's what's left to do:
-Second round of lighting installed today.  My least expensive fixtures turned out great.  My more expensive ones are wrong in color.  Those will need to come down and get repainted.  Go figure.
-Second new refrigerator to arrive on Monday, the first one was a lemon.  Still have old fridge in dining room.
-Pulls for drawers still on backorder, opening drawers right now is like pulling teeth.  Knobs are a little too big.   Looking for something else.  Maybe glass...
-Mudroom bench and shelf to be built.  (by George)
-Backsplash
-Crown Moulding
-Need to find four bar stools, I'm completely stuck on this one!
-Final paint touch up

This may sound like a lot but our kitchen was ripped down to the studs.  New electrical, new drywall, even new ceilings.  New floors, new door openings, new window.  We've come along way.  I really love it.  I can't wait to show you pictures!!!

4 comments:

Jboo said...

Can't wait to see your kitchen! So exciting!!! Good luck with the last bit of it!

Janet

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your pictures!!

Dawn

Bridget said...

Can't wait to see your pictures! I am sure it is beautiful. Good luck with your last to do's and finishing touches. As far as bar stools have you looked on Ballard Designs. I have the greatest upholstered stools from there and we just them. Just a thought.

Lucy said...

Bridget, I'd love to know which ones you have from BD. I did find some I like there but I'm worried about the child friendliness of them and the cost since I need four! :(