Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Are these not adorable?  I love homemade gifts.  I mean really, really, love them.  My sister is a rock star knitter and she made these for little George who giggled when we put them on.  He was in heaven.  They are soft and cozy and as I can imagine; a huge favorite this winter.  Although my sister doesn't sell her creations I just wanted to share this homemade goodness.  

I had a good friend as a child that I lost touch with over the years.  I recently tracked her down as she was always a special friend to me.  She is a designer and seems to always be creating something fabulous.  She has this business where she makes Towel Hoodies.  She was kind enough to send one to George on his birthday and included one for Magnolia as well!  She trims them in the most adorable ribbon and then she monograms them.  My kids love them!  We take them to the beach, the pool, and after baths.  You can check out her website here.
I loved how she packages them.  So simple but so cute!
I wish I had a picture of Magnolia's.  Hers has orange flowers and an orange monogram.  I love how feminine it is without having to use pink or purple.  Perfectly fitting for my tomboyish girl!

One of my friends from high school has published these adorable photo books called Snap Stories.   She has a few styles to choose from.  All you have to do is take 10 of your photos and put them inside and you have a story already written to go with your photographs!  The tape is already there! It is just the cutest concept!  I ordered the "Big Adventure" book to document our recent trip to the ocean.  The kids love reading this one and seeing pictures of themselves in it. These make really great gifts.  Check out her adorable website!
Isn't this packaging so cute, so cheerful?  Emma was sweet to send along the Birthday book as well.  I was so excited to see George's 1st Birthday picture used on the label!
(For my STL readers, Snap Stories is local.  You'll find Emma's books in shops around town.  Check out her website for locations!)

I love to make things.  I make a lot of different things but I've never found that one thing that I do well enough to believe in.  I'm in awe of these women who create and believe in what they do.  They really, really inspire me!   

Thank you Emily, Missy, and Emma!

1 comment:

Jboo said...

Those are the coolest items! Love those socks, towels and the books! Wish i was a lot more creative! Have a great day!

Janet