Saturday, April 27, 2013

Nani's visit was so nice. We did so many fun things, explored new places, had lots of good walks, and lovely dinners around the dining room table.  The kids were in such good spirits having her. And, with all of that fresh air we had healthy appetites making mealtime very relaxing.



One afternoon Annela, Georgie, and I headed north of the city to find a place to lunch.  Suddenly I was drawn to the little cafe where my wedding shower was held thirteen years ago.  I had not been since.  It was a sunny day and with all of the recent rain, the Milwaukee River that runs behind the cafe was near flooding and flowing rapidly.  It made for a very pretty setting.
   
It's just as sweet as I remember it.
My shower was very small and quaint and Annela and I tried to remember the gifts I received.

 After our lunch of veggie sandwiches, we splurged on dessert and ate them on the patio and watching the river.

 Nani shows George raccoon footprints on the bank of the river.

After lunch we headed to a park nearby to see a dam that was put in over 150 years ago to power the local grain mill.  Annela spotted 5-6 bald eagles in the sky and Georgie threw rocks in the river.

No comments: