Friday, January 19, 2007

Sonogram

In the adoption world, we're called "Pregnant on Paper." This image is used a lot to convey the fact that we are really expecting. Just because I'm not carrying her does not mean in any way we aren't carrying her in our hearts. She is such a part of our lives and has been since we started this process. Since we don't have her name picked out yet, she's usually just referred to as "little one." Carrying her in my heart is a lot easier physically...I can have a glass of wine whenever I want, have boundless energy, and the upside to this gestation of an elephant...I have a lot more time to shop and prepare for her. She's probably born by now and it's hard to imagine her all alone without us. I have to trust that she's in good hands and in due time, she will be smothered by us! :)

No comments: