Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Precious Magnolia

We received more information about Magnolia just the other day.

Here's some of what we know about this little dumpling.

She arrived at the orphanage a day after her birth a healthy baby with a round face, small eyes, and a full head of hair. She was just 6 pounds 6 ounces and 18.5 inches long. Her medical reports document consistent growth each month. She's on a very good schedule with naps and mealtimes. In addition to formula, they are feeding her calcium, vitamins, fish oil, and fruit juice! She LOVES her walker and moves all around in this. Her favorite toy is a colorful ball. She's babbling. She smiles when she sees her caregivers . And this one kills me...she LOVES to be held by her caregivers. For those that know I don't plan on putting her down for a very long time as part of the attachment process, this is truly my dream baby...a baby that loves to be held! This is very good news that if she's been able to bond to her caregivers then she'll be able to bond again.

She is described as a bright and lively baby!
It's already been one week since Magnolia came into our lives and we've never been happier. One week down, 7 more to go!

I've been in the nursery quite a bit this past week. Getting nowhere in cleaning it up but usually just sitting and looking at all of her beautiful things. Here's her little asian baby doll by Kathe Kruse who makes the most beautiful things in Germany. This was a christmas gift from Nana Joya two Christmases ago!

Here's the first quilt I ever made for the baby we were waiting so long for. I pulled it off the rocker this morning to look at it. I was stunned at how sun faded it had gotten over the years! I laughed out loud thinking how LONG we waited. Long enough to sun fade her quilt! Of course I can laugh now...

It still looks pretty. Kind of shabby chic...

1 comment:

RVR75 said...

George & Lucy-- I am overwhelmed with happiness for you and your beautiful new daughter, Magnolia. You have waited so long and are so deserving! Elizabeth passed on the news to me and was so excited to finally see your blog and the pictures. Amazing is all that I can say. Good luck to you all!

Rachel