Monday, June 11, 2007

Still on cloud 9...

We are still on cloud 9 around here. Completely in love with this little face that has just dropped out of the sky and into our lives forever. She is the most amazing gift to us and we couldn't feel luckier. Now just looking at her picture doesn't seem good enough. We want to hold her desperately!

On referral day I blew up 15 pink balloons while we waited for the call to keep me preoccupied. Not too soon after we got news of our daughter, we went outside to hang them.
Our neighbors came out to congratulate us.

The next morning we waited on the front porch for the UPS delivery of Magnolia's color pictures and medical information. We waited from early morning until 2:30pm! My friend Christine came by and wanted to take our picture as we sat and waited holding the only tiny picture we had of Magnolia.


UPS arrives. I tell him what he's delivering. He agrees for a photo and wishes us luck. Under his other arm is something I ordered from Pottery Barn. He had a good laugh about that. We tear open the package and see the most beautiful color photos of Magnolia. We read through her medical history very quickly and then sat down at the kitchen table to fill out paperwork. George takes this picture showing the very official Letter of Acceptance which goes back to the CCAA. We don't even wait to have her medical records reviewed before accepting her. She's ours and nothing is going to stop us from going to get her. We run to FedEx and send everything off. Then we decide to go to Walmart and make copies of her pictures. Then we decide to get more paint mixed to take up north. I laugh thinking if only my mother knew what I was doing when she was just dying to see her picture!We took her pictures, packed up the car and headed up to the island. We celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary with the best gift anyone could imagine. I have a lot more things to share and photos of our weekend. I just realized my passport expires this month. I have been sitting on an expired passport all this time and I'm supposed to go to China in 8 weeks...what was I thinking!? Expediting that today! Should be getting more info about Magnolia over the next couple of weeks. I'm also going to make a video of Referral Day if I can ever figure out how to do it. Check back soon!

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to follow along and sharing in our excitement. All of your love and support means so much to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you both. Finally you can see those little eyes waiting for you.
She is beautiful, and we can't wait to meet her too. Congratulations!!!!!
Dad and Christianne