Thursday, July 19, 2007

China Gifts

We have been instructed by our agency to bring gifts to people in China as a small token of our appreciation. This is what I came up with. My Chinese friend, Jing, came over yesterday and approved. :)

1. Director of the Orphanage: Large Box of whole Ginseng Roots, grown right here in Wisconsin. American Ginseng is premier to Chinese but very expensive to buy in China.
2. Notary and Registrar: Each a smaller box of Ginseng Roots
3. 3 Gifts for the nannies in the orphanage: deodorant (believe it or not, they don't have this and love it), small packets of potpourri to make their homes smell good, eye cream, face soap,
chapstick, jelly bellies, trident gum.
I'm also bringing tootsie rolls and stickers for kids.

I wish I could do more for the nannies, especially. How can we even begin to thank them enough for all of their care of Magnolia over the past 9 months.

No comments: