Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Personality

We've taught Magnolia how to kiss and when she was looking through this magazine and saw this women, she gave her a big kiss on the mouth!
This nuk has turned out to be her favorite teething toy. I can make it spin like a top on her highchair tray which she loves to try and catch.







Here's a little of Magnolia's personality. We're learning something new about her every single day. She's funny and so so sweet. She's a very good sleeper. She has slept through the night since we got her. We have to rock her to sleep which we love to do. We can set her down, she won't wake. She loves her own space to sleep. She's the sweetest thing when she wakes up, she rolls over towards me and touches my face. When I'm not in bed with her, she cries. To answer Ellie's question, Magnolia can crawl, she can also pull herself up and stand up for quite sometime before falling down! I think she learned that from standing in her crib and there was also a walker at the orphanage that she loved. She's definitely gained some strength from that. She's a good eater, she's willing to try anything. Last night we took a cruise on the Pearl River. We fed her some soup broth and a little mashed sweet potato. I think she would have kept it all in but she gagged on the sweet potato and it all came up in between us, I had her in the Bjorn, forward facing! (sorry Emily, it will get a thorough cleaning before I give it back! :)) I'm learning. She's just such a hungry little girl when she smells food and there's no baby food around here so I've been trying to give her what I can. For lunch we ordered her mashed potatoes and she devoured them. For dinner the night before I ordered green pea soup, she devoured that too.

Today we are going to Shaimen Island to have all the baby medical exams. They have to pass the exam before leaving China. I will be anxious to see if she's put on weight. After that we are going to the White Swan Hotel for the famous red couch photos. Check back for photos! We shopped yesterday on the island but we'll do more today too!
Much love to all! Wish I had the time to respond to each of you but please know we are reading your comments and love them!
P.S. Musa, we thought you'd like that chicken dish on that menu! You'd LOVE the food over here! Isa, thanks for the hug for Magnolia! We love and miss you both! xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Baby! What an eater! She'll be "conditioned" & ready for the traditional Thanksgiving dinner with all those mashed potatoes. Way to go, thinking ahead! I'm glad that she is eating well & digesting all the table foods. Any sign of lactose intolerance or dairy allergies? That was something you were concerned about before you left, just curious if she'll have trouble with milk once you are back in the US.
I love the photos! With each batch I have to choose a new wallpaper for my desktop-tough decision! I'm happy that she is easy going by nature. It is quite apparent that you both are enjoying her to the max! It is great to see the fun in your faces. Love, Emily & family