Tuesday, September 18, 2007

George's Birthday

We went apple picking on George's birthday. Well, not really.
We ended up just buying instead of picking.
Of course Magnolia had to wear her apple shoes. George bought these for her in China.
Magnolia gave George a brag book.
We've been home one month today! Wow has time flown. I still feel like we just got back. Slowly things are falling into place around here. Magnolia has accepted her carseat and hasn't cried in it for 5 days now. She's sleeping just fine. She cat naps during the day because I'm sure that's what she did in the orphanage. I think over time she'll be able to take longer naps and for now I'm just grateful she's sleeping. She's still a very good eater and will try anything, even spicy things! I think she's having a growth spurt. We're moving out of #2 diapers and into cloth. I'll keep you posted on how those go. :)
She has started to use the two signs she knows, one for milk and one for more. She very clearly says "mama" and "dada." She will now go look for toys to play with in her toy basket. She is sitting longer and longer for me to read to her. She has learned how to open cabinets and just discovered the toilet paper roll. She still stays very near me and rarely will play out of my sight but she will play longer now without crying for me to pick her up. When she falls and bumps her head she cries now and looks for me! She used to just fall and not make a sound. As each day passes I can sense her trust in us strengthening and I'm really grateful that it has been so easy for her to bond with us. She smiles when I tell her I love her and every now and then I get a spontaneous kiss from her.
She is a beautiful and delightful little girl, we just love her like crazycakes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday george! welove her too!!

Anonymous said...

I'm catching up with the blog after a week in Rainbow Springs--I love every single picture, and the wonderfully descriptive details of all of Magnolia's recent discoveries!

When Magnolia is a little older I will tell her about almost touching an Armadillo that was rooting around for insects near the the Jack's Fork.

Much love,

Momla/Nani

Unknown said...

I've loved reading the blogs and looking at all the pictures and videos. Magnolia is so sweet. I can't wait to meet her.

Lots of love.