Sunday, January 27, 2008

Chasing Away Mid Winter Blues

There isn't a whole lot going on around here and with all this snow and cold weather, cabin fever creeps up pretty fast. Saturday Magnolia's summer sandals arrived just as 3 MORE inches of snow fell. That certainly cheered me up. Then I decided to be done with all of the wool sewing and forced myself to actually follow a dress pattern. After one practice dress and a lot of lessons learned, I got it! I've had this Ralph Lauren sheet remnant for a while because I always thought it would make a cute sundress. I'm really happy how it turned out. Meanwhile, George was busy building his version of The Learning Tower, it turned out great and Magnolia LOVES it! The best part is that she needs to grow into all three of these things, her shoes, her dress, and her learning tower. We'll remember this snowy weekend sometime in the spring and we'll be glad we made these things. Oh, and the hat...because, like her shoes, she loves her hats!



2 comments:

Jodie said...

You and George are a crafty match made in heaven. As always, I'm impressed. And Magnolia is adorable.

Emily said...

That learning tower is big! Wow, pretty cool for her to have a safe place to stand and reach for things-water is always fun! The dress turned out perfectly! I love it! I hope to see her in it sometime this summer. Love to you all. Emily