Thursday, January 31, 2008

She Hit 20

The snow and cold weather continue. We haven't gotten out much and I think Magnolia is going just as stir crazy as I am. I bought some fresh flowers for the first time in a long time and they have been so nice to have around. I need to remember to buy them more often. My car got stuck in the driveway yesterday. George was out of town so there wasn't really a way to shovel. Besides, it was negative digits so I certainly wasn't making much effort on doing it. I didn't realize how much snow there was at the bottom of the driveway until I hit it. And so that is where my car sat until George came home and sweetly reminded me that my car is rear wheel drive. Oh, so that's why when I put the car mats under the front tires, nothing happened, duh! Since we couldn't get to Magnolia's 15 month dr. appt. yesterday we were able to get in this morning and George was able to come too. Thankfully, because she pretty much screams the whole time so it was nice to have him there to hold her while I talked to the doctor. She is doing great and we are proud to announce that she is a whopping 20lbs & 30 inches! :) This is great news, we can finally flip her carseat!I'm definately dreaming of warmer days and having fun making sundresses for Magnolia. I love how this one turned out considering I didn't use a pattern. I made it out of 2 matching kitchen towels and lined it in white cotton. I'm trying to figure out how to make button holes on my machine so I can secure the straps.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats on turning the car seat around...A very big day! We are catching up to you here in St. Louis with the snow....Predicting 8-10 inches by tommorow AM. YEAH! It's a SNOW DAY :)

Jodie said...

Love Magnolia with 20lbs sign. Flipping the car seat is exciting. I remember how happy we were when we could finally flip ours too.