Thursday, January 24, 2008

Orphanage Connection

I belong to a Yahoo group for all the families that have adopted a child from the Jiang Cheng Orphanage. The director of the orphanage recently asked permission to join the group. This was a huge surprise to the group. Wow, half a world away and the director and nannies that once cared for our babies could stay connected! I'm so excited to get photos posted so the director and nannies can see how Magnolia has grown. I just can't get over how crazy this is and how absolutely wonderful the internet is! I can imagine how much all of the staff must miss these babies and I know they'll never forget them. I just love that they can now check in on them and watch them grow a half a world away.
The nannies giving Magnolia one last hug goodbye on our visit to the orphanage.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a blessing!

Jodie said...

That is really neat.

Emily said...

I love that idea. It makes me feel warm inside that both Magnolia & her nannies have a link-the internet link-to connect them, if they ever so desire. Beautiful thing. I know the nannies loved Magnolia so much and gave her such a good start. But, now she is yours. All yours forever. Melts me, warms me & I can only assume, makes Magnolia very happy to have you as her mom forever. XOXOX