Sunday, January 06, 2008

Up North

We went up north this weekend to finish closing up the house for the season. Only 2 ferries are running a day now so we were up pretty early to catch the first one. Here's Magnolia waiting to go as we finished loading up the car. Note the huge container of water....we were going up with no running water!
Waiting in line for the ferry. Why am I in the back seat? Shouldn't she be in her car seat?
And is that my cell phone?!
Her first ride on the ferry not sleeping! She loved it.
While George started a fire, I pulled her in the sled. It was warm and the snow was melting fast! Napping with daddy.
I think she remembers the house, she ran around like crazy and had a blast.
I set her up on this chair so she could sit at the desk with daddy.
Mommy and Me Moccasins.
"More, More, More!"
Magnolia's first time going up to the loft.
Crazy we fixed it up over a year ago and there she was, loving it.
She will sit and look through books like this forever.
On our way home we stopped at Al Johnson's Swedish Restaurant for lunch. It's always a fun and cozy stop. In the summer goats graze on the grass roof. :)
I can't believe she willingly kissed him!
Ah, what a wonderful and relaxing weekend. No running water meant no cooking. Eating out was a real treat and we had fun chatting with the locals. It's actually our favorite time to be up there. If there's more snow we'll head back up for some sledding on the sand dunes and we are also hoping to put in new floors so we may be back up sooner than later...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She thought it was Papa without his glasses.

Papa

Lucy said...

Ha! So funny you say that. Seconds before the photo I told her his beard was like papa's!

Anonymous said...

Ihave never heard your dad laugh so loud at last pic!! What a warm & cozy weekend-wish I could have been there! nana

Jodie said...

Loved the mommy and me mocs. Cute pics all around!

Anonymous said...

I noticed your blog header changed, eh? I love it! Keep those pictures coming and give miss magnolia a big kiss from her crazy aunt emily. I love her so much! whisper in her ear that Aunt Emily says she is funny, smart & sweet as sugar...XOXOX