Monday, March 10, 2008

My Sewing Room


Soon after we came home from China I moved all of my sewing stuff into this room, the office, but never took the time to get rid of the office stuff. Needless to say, it was very crowded. I realized since having Magnolia home I was standing and using the ironing board as a work table because it kept everything up high and out of reach. That's when I asked George to build me a big work station. We got the general idea for this table from Pottery Barn but I asked for bins rather than shelves for all of my fabric. I also asked for a table for Magnolia that could fold down when she wasn't using it. To make it even better, George put in the paper holder so her paper was always at hand. We emptied the books from the shelves and that gave me a ton more storage space. We painted one wall coral and George made me a frame that I covered with a vintage curtain to make a bulletin board. I just love my new space. I love everything that's in it. From the old chimney cabinet my mom gave me, to the old frame that was in my grandparent's basement that I covered in muslin, to the couch George bought me 9 Christmases ago. Everything in this room makes me very happy. Now I'm ready to dive back into whatever little project inspires me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG_Lucy the room is so nice-wish I had one like it. You & George are quite a team-BRAVO!!!!

Jodie said...

Your house and handiwork should be featured in better homes and gardens. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your new space! great idea on the craft table for magnolia-she can work while you work! if you could just work on getting her to do all that ironing for you! I bet in no time she'll be sewing pillows. I love it! emily