Friday, May 09, 2008

Mother's Day

I wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember. I always knew nothing in this world would be more important to me than being a mom. I never dreamed it would take me 8 years to become one. People used to say that I would soon forget all of the pain and heartache of trying and waiting as soon as that baby was placed in my arms. That didn't happen to me and frankly, I don't know how I could forget it. I actually remember it all of the time when I hear Magnolia call me "mama" and I think, wow, I'm a mama and I'm HER mama! I'm constantly reminded how long it took me to become a mom just by being one. My mom said it best when we came home from China and I was telling her how amazing all of this is and she said, "you always knew what you were missing." Boy was she right...all those years of wanting and waiting and now I have it. It feels like a dream come true! Magnolia is the most beautiful gift I could have ever imagined and it is such a privilege to be her mother.
Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there and especially to my own dear mother whom I love so much! Thank you mom for all of your love & support! Love you.

3 comments:

The Pruntys said...

Happy Mother's Day Lucy! Magnolia is so lucky to have such an amazing mom. Now, if only we could figure out a way to keep them from growing up so fast.

Love,
Kelly

Jodie said...

Awwwww you are such an amazing woman. Its no wonder M is the gem that she is! Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

Jennifer said...

Lucy,
Happy 1st Mother's Day to one of the most amazing Moms that I know! Magnolia is SO blessed to have you!
I hope it was a wonderful day :)