Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Notre Dame

We went to South Bend this past weekend to visit family. We lived here for about 4 years when I was little and it's where both of my parents grew up. Among the many stops we made through town, Notre Dame was one of them. It's Papa's Alma mater so he bought all of the girls pink Notre Dame caps. We walked around campus and Papa gave us a little tour and history. It was a beautiful day and we all had so much fun. We spent the rest of the weekend in St. Joseph, Michigan to visit my brother and his family. My sisters and parents made the trip too. Check back soon for more pics of that part of our trip.
Lilah, Magnolia, Ellie, Lily, & Willa
Magnolia & Papa
Ellie & Curtis Magnolia & George
The Golden Dome
(My sister's account of the visit is written much better. You can read it here.)

2 comments:

Emily said...

lucy, yep you clearly have that same impression-it is so vivid to me after all these years! Do you remember being asked to carry up the offering in the cathedral for mass? we were tickled to death! remember walking thru the cemetary and wearing grandma's vinyl high heels after she fell asleep in her recliner? that was fun! i remember her smell & her home and the sunny skies. we'd take a quick trip to Martins for something like mayo (because grandma ran out & there is NO substitute). we'd sit in their car unbuckled, that was fun!

It was so much fun hanging out with everyone last weekend! I'm sure all our photos & conversations to and from MI will leave a lasting impression in the girls mind-which is clearly what we intended! my next trip back there will be some fall (perhaps when they are a bit older) for some tailgating & a fall football game--that would be awesome! Thank you for being a part of my birthday! love to Mag's & you guys...Emily

Jodie said...

I love seeing pictures of your families together! Good old South Bend.

Did you guys see Grandpa at all?