Friday, July 25, 2008



7.25.08

Dearest Magnolia,

Tomorrow you will be 21 months! I'm sorry I missed your 2o month update so this is going to be long as I have a lot to say about you!

You look and feel bigger. You are definitely stronger and you've grown a half inch. You are 31.5" but still holding steady at 21-22 pounds. You have 12 teeth now, your incisors are your newest.

Your vocabulary is growing more and more. You say"no" a lot which is typical for your age. You continue to grunt or say "ite" for "yes" even though you can say "yes" as "ses." I'll ask you what your grunt means (trying to get you to say yes) and you'll say "ite." I'll ask what "ite" means and you grunt! You are using 3 word sentences like, "I don't know" & "where are you?" (when playing hide and seek). Your Nani taught you "slippery" and you say it "slipipipipery." You also say "c'mon" which is the cutest thing when you want to show me something. You are really good at your manners too. You say "thank you," "please." and your latest, "excuse me." You also say "bless you" when I sneeze and also when I cough. :)

You love for me to sing the ABCs and you can repeat all the letters after me and you say them with such clarity! You love your shape sorters and puzzles. One day you sat down to your puzzles and did them all. It really happened overnight, you surprised me very much with that! You love to sing songs and you just love music. As soon as we get in the car you point to the speaker and say "music." You also have recently learned to match things together. Mostly with your shoes. You love to get your shoes from your basket and you always bring me the right pairs.

Your daddy taught you somersaults when you were 19-20months. One day he asked you to show me a somersault and I almost fell over when you did it perfectly with no help! Apparently at bath time you also do gymnastics on the bed with daddy, I'm guessing you love it! You are such a daddy's girl. He cannot wait to come home everyday to see you. When you know he's home you get so excited, almost speechless, and then when he's in sight you act so cool, like you aren't excited to see him at all! Then you want to show off everything that you've been doing that moment. You LOVE to ride on his shoulders, you now say "show show" to get up there. Recently we hiked 3 miles on Rock Island with you riding on your daddy's shoulders!

You are starting to express yourself! You push your legs out from under you and land on your bottom when you feel frustrated. Although I don't tell you this now, I always find this so cute and can't but help laugh when you do this. I tell you that you look frustrated and ask if you can tell me what you want and that's the end of it. So far, so good. :) Recently we have been going to the pool which you love. You jump off the edge and don't even care if you go under water, you are such a little fish! You do imaginary play with your toys. You'll ask your baby doll if she wants to go for a walk and then answer "yes" for her. You are getting better and better at stairs, we no longer have to keep the gate up and you rarely go up the stairs without me. You are so good, truly. For some reason, you really listen to me and you really follow the rules. Is this going to change soon? :)
You are the light of our lives, we love you so very much and every night when you are sleeping, your daddy and I talk about the many ways you delight us. Happy 21 months Maggie Pie!

-We're going back up to the island for the week. This time Magnolia will have 9 of her cousins to play with! Have a great week everyone!-

7 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

I loved hearing more about your girl at 21 months!!

have fun back at the lake :)

Kate said...

This is so lovely...a keepsake to be treasured by Magnolia...and you. These moments in time pass so quickly!

I love visiting you blog and wondered if I could link it in my favorites list??

Have a wonderful time away...and with cousins!!

Jboo said...

Oh my -- your girl is so beautiful! It's wonderful to read about all she's doing now. Isn't it fun to watch her grow and change!

I'm sure she'll have so much fun with her cousins! Have a great week.

Janet

Bridget said...

Such a sweet post about such a sweet girl! Thanks for sharing! Magnolia is an absolute beauty! Hope you are enjoying your time with your family! Have a great week!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy 21 Months!

Such a beautiful letter to Magnolia......the pictures are gorgeous....she is such a precious little girl!

Enjoy your time on the island with the family!

Lisa

Jennifer said...

Beautiful! Hope you have a wonderful time with your family on the island :) I know Magnolia will love playing with all of her cousins.....

Jodie said...

She is such a cutie. So funny too. You capture things well.