Sunday, August 24, 2008

Catching Up

Magnolia had her first Toddler Trails Nature Class at our local Wetland Reserve. While it was too buggy to take a hike, we spent most of the time in the butterfly garden touching and smelling things.
Here are the only pictures I took of Magnolia at our local pool this summer. She loved going swimming and would always get excited when I told her we were going. I will miss doing this with her because I just love to see the joy on her face being there!

Here are some pictures I took of Magnolia around the house one week. She insists that her lamb build blocks. She snaps beans and is really good at doing it. She sips her soup from a cup. She learns to sew with her new cardboard animals and does a lot of coloring.

7 comments:

Bridget said...

Miss Magnolia is a busy girl! I love all of your pictures. The nature camp looks great as does the pool (love the bathing suit)! The last collage is adorable - love the beans and her sipping her soup from a cup - she is just the cutest girl! Hope you guys have a great week!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I always enjoy coming to see your wonderful photos!

Sarah has the same flip flops from Child.ren's Pl.ace.....I was so bummed, she wouldn't wear them...she hates anything between her toes....They look adorable on Magnolia!

Have a great week!

Lisa

Kate said...

I love these photos (I feel like I say that in every comment...but I REALLY do love them!).

All of these activities are the same kind of things I used to do when (sniff sniff) Lia was a toddler. You are giving Magnolia lots of opportunties to be independent and do real work (snapping beans is my favorite!)...they love that so much. Lia attends a Montessori school and these are exactly the kinds of things they (and we at home) do. I'm right there with you on the nature walks too!!

It looks like Magnolia has been one busy, happy, learning little bundle of joy this summer! Thanks for posting the pictures!

Kate

Football and Fried Rice said...

I got tired just from reading & seeing how busy Magnolia is and then I got to thinking "WHAT am I thinking??" LOL! I don't remember our boys being that busy...... :)

Jodie said...

I'm still laughing at her expertise in snapping beans. :) Cute as always!

Jboo said...

Love all your photo and stories of little Miss Magnolia! She is such a little cutie and so serious in her work of snapping beans and threading the cardboard animals -- aren't those fun! Summer has just zoomed by. Have a great week!

Janet

Jennifer said...

So much fun to hear all of the things Magnolia is doing! She is such a big girl, snapping beans, AND drinking soup from a cup..WOW :)