Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Dearest Magnolia,

One year ago today was the most magical and amazing days of our lives, the day we met you! You came through the doors in that building in Guangzhou and you were placed in my arms. I never even saw who it was who gave you to me. I couldn't take my eyes off of you. You were beautiful and sweet and we looked at each other like we had been waiting for each other our whole lives. You had such a look of sweet curiosity and even amusement on your face. You put your tiny little hand on my shoulder as if to say, "it's okay mama, I'm here now." You continued to stare at us and we stared at you. You were neither scared nor affected. The room fell quiet and I didn't hear anything but us telling you we were your mama and dada forever and ever. We took you back to the hotel and you fell asleep and slept soundly for 13 hours! We stayed up the whole night watching you and listening to you breathe. We couldn't believe we were all together. We couldn't believe we were complete. We still can't believe we have you. You are a constant joy in our lives and we have never been happier.

I love you sweet Magnolia. Happy Family Day! xoxo We celebrated with a Chinese dinner & cake.
We gave you your first gift that we collected in China to give to you on each anniversary. This year it was a bracelet made from Mahjong pieces.
Here we are one year later.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great joy you have brought to us all.

Dad

Kate said...

This is just a lovely post. Congratulations on your family anniversary...one year sure does fly, doesn't it??

You make a beautiful family and I really enjoyed looking at the pictures and reading your letter to Magnolia...what treasures for her!

Kate

Jboo said...

Congratulations on your one year anniversary! What a sweet post to your sweet little girl!

Janet

Anonymous said...

Happy Family Day to you all! I remember greeting you at the airport and meeting Magnolia for the first time. She is a complete joy to us all. We love you, Emily

Melissa said...

Congratuations! You don't know me, but I came upon your blog on a friend of a friends blog and I love following your story. I have a son almost the same age as Magnolia. She is absolutely beautiful and your family looks so happy :)

The Pruntys said...

Congratulations! Wow - time flies doesn't it? I can't believe it has already been a year. I love that you have an anniversary gift for Magnolia each year - that is so special and sweet!

The Pruntys

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy Family Day!

It is amazing how quickly the time passes....she has grown so much!

You are so blessed with the miracle of Magnolia!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Lisa

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful day! Another beautiful message to Magnolia. You are such a wonderful Mommy! I love the braclet(what a wonderful idea).
Congratulations to a really special family on your 1st family anniversary :)

Jen

Football and Fried Rice said...

Happy Forever Family Day!! Gorgeous cake!

Bridget said...

Happy Family Day! It brought a tear to my eye as I know what a great day it is! Can you believe how fast a year goes by? You are a lovely family and I hope you are enjoying a great weekend. Thanks for sharing!

- Bridget