Tuesday, October 07, 2008


Magnolia and I went to South Bend this past weekend. We met my sister in Milwaukee and drove together, stopping in Chicago to do some shopping. My parents are living in South Bend part time while my dad does business there. We also got to see my aunt, cousins and my brother and his whole family. My dad got us AWESOME seats for the Notre Dame vs. Stanford game on Saturday. We had a blast and Magnolia loved staying with Nana & Papa feeding their dog spaghetti and wearing Nana's lipstick. She cried for me once but Nana told her I was shopping and that was the end of it!
Visiting downtown South Bend Saturday morning. Magnolia wearing her Notre Dame blue and gold. Auntie Emame (Emily) gave Magnolia Jelly Bellies and now they're friends for life.
We stopped at our favorite Italian deli for subs and of course, wonderful cookies and desserts. Here's Magnolia outside picking her cookie out of the box, no surprise...the chocolate dipped one!
Magnolia and her cousin. Ceci. Her other cousins were there too but I didn't get any pictures of them, they were all rough housing, running wild, and having a great time.
Aunt Emily and Cousin Amanda outside my grandparents house. It now sits empty and is on the market but my parents have recently been occupying it while my dad does some business in South Bend. I hadn't stayed there since I was a little girl, it was nice to feel the comfort of my childhood memories. We had such a nice time. As always, thanks Mom and Dad for everything...for watching Mags, for the football game, and for all of the meals and gifts!!! xoxo

9 comments:

Kate said...

Perfect fall weekend!!! You sure do have a lot of those! (I say with my eyses green with envy!):-)

Jelly bellies and chocolate covered cookies....that Magnolia is one smart gal!!

Sounds like you had a great time all around!

Kate

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I had no idea you were ND fans or that you grew up in South Bend!!

My husbands entire family has been in South Bend for the past two weeks....they were all at the game this past weekend, we almost flew out at the last minute becuase they had extra tickets! Pat's Mom and Dad rent a house out there for a couple weeks each year to hit a couple of the home games!!

Looks like you all had a great time!

Lisa

Jboo said...

What a great weekend! And you got to go to the Notre Dame game -- how fun was that! Love your photos! Magnolia is my kind of girl -- going for the chocolate. Have a fun week.

Janet

Emily said...

love the pics luc, but my hair needs a good dose of #5 loreal. ick. i have such a hard time seeing myself-ok, i have "issues"!

loved seeing magnolia-telling you that she's a peach simply won't cut it. she's so much more than that...she's flipping adorable and sweet and funny and warm and cozy and quick and smart and very, very, very much loved by me!! ok, and you too...

had a blast, thanks for the pics and see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lucy!! Great pics!! Too bad you were not going to South Bend this weekend. I am heading there on Saturday (Lindsey's 2 girls are getting baptized). How cool would that have been to see eachother. You will have to let me know when/if you go again, maybe we can hook up!! Magnolia is a doll!!!

Jennifer said...

It truly sounds like THE perfect fall weekend up north :) How fun that Magnolia got to stay with your parents, while you got some special time with your sister...As usual your pictures are great! You are so blessed :)

Jodie said...

Aww I love seeing pics of the rest of our family too. Too funny that out shopping stopped the tears. That still makes me laugh! Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend!

PS Emily you looked great - I was admiring your vest and red scarf.

Anonymous said...

So happy to have finally met Magnolia! She's a sweet as I thought that she would be...I just love her, what a cute little angel! I would love to see the photo of all of us on the front step...can you email it to me? I know that my mom doesn't want it posted for the world to see.

Love,
Amanda

Bridget said...

Nothing like a Notre Dame football game!! Looks and sounds like a great fall/family weekend! Sounds like Magnolia enjoyed her time with Grandma and Grandpa!