Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Rearranging

If any of you know us well, you know we love to rearrange our house. Well, that's what we've been busy doing lately. Magnolia is slowly moving into a Big Girl Room. I've redecorated our bedroom. We moved our t.v. room and revived our living room. Not only do I like to rearrange but I also like to swap out furniture that we have up north. This, you can imagine can be a real pain but I have an extremely patient and understanding husband who is willing to do this for me. This time I wanted to swap dining tables (mind you, they've already been swapped before). So as we headed up north this past weekend we had our big pine table in the back. We also had new bamboo floors that are being installed up there. It was quick trip, in all it took us 24 hours to drop off the new floors, make the table swap, empty the upstairs for new carpeting (yeah!) and do plenty of eating out and reading in front of the woodstove. It was a wonderfully relaxing 24 hours and I just dreaded coming home. But hey, now I have newly arranged house to live in. :)

Outside the Sunset Resort after our Norwegian breakfast, yum!

Favorite place for fish on the island, Magnolia ate a ton of it and an entire ice cream cone!
The crackling fire lulled her to sleep, it took a while after the ice cream!
It is much more fall-like up there already, I loved it. We stopped at our favorite coffee shop on our way up where they have the best homemade mini cinnamon buns around.
We headed for the marina straight off the ferry for lunch. They have Trivial Pursuit cards to keep you occupied while you wait. Magnolia proceeded to empty them all.

7 comments:

Jboo said...

Looks gorgeous there and sounds like a wonderful, busy, quick time there for all of you. Enjoy the lovely fall weather. Magnolia is such a beautiful little girl!

Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Sounds like a quick, but busy trip!

Rearranging is so exciting, I love changing things up....your hubby sounds like he is very patient!!

Magnolia is as cute as a button! Love the black and white of her fast asleep!

Enjoy your week!

Lisa

Emily said...

darling!

Kate said...

Your trip to the cabin sounds heavenly. I loved seeing the pictures of all the fall goodness...pumpkins...sweaters....crackling fire...all sounds perfect!!!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

It looks like the perfect weekend! Was there a fish boil? I love the way you always rearrange things, it inspires me :) I also love the way George just goes along with it! You guys are too cute! I love the pictures of Magnolia and cannot wait to see pictures of all the changes! Happy Wednesday :) Miss you guys!

Jen

Bridget said...

Sounds like a great and busy 24 hours! Magnolia looks so sweet - I especially love the picture of her sleeping - I always think those are the sweetest pictures ever. Hope you guys have a great week!