Friday, October 31, 2008



Magnolia loves elephants and she also has a memory like an elephant so it would only be appropriate that she dress as an elephant on Halloween. She loves this costume and does not like taking it off and how could I argue?



While I didn't make her costume (although I had great intentions of doing so), I did make her candy bucket. Ten minutes before trick or treating I cut half of an empty oatmeal container and covered it in felt, fabric, and glue. It worked out fine and she came home with it filled to the brim. :)
Magnolia's good friends Edward and Charlie stopped by. A giraffe, a tiger, and an elephant...they were quite the jungle collection!

It was the most beautiful Halloween night I can remember. Sunny, nearly 60 degrees and no breeze. Our candles stayed lit in our pumpkins and no coats had to be worn over costumes. I had my front door wide open as I made beef stew, toasted pumpkins seeds, made homemade caramel, and 2 loaves of banana bread! George took Magnolia up and down our street. Apparently she had no problem going up to the doors and said hello and goodbye to everyone. When we ran out of candy and the sun was down, we went for a walk. It was such a nice Halloween and so much fun to see Magnolia enjoy it too!



I took these photos yesterday. She loves to go out to the front porch to see the "man." She's not that scared of him except this was the closest I could get her to him for a photo. We all had our own pumpkins this year and a baby pumpkin for the baby-to-be pumpkin which Magnolia wanted to hold.

Hoping everyone had a very happy Halloween!

7 comments:

Jboo said...

What a great little elephant you have there! Such a sweet costume! Sounds like a perfect Halloween!! We had similar weather here -- it was so wonderful not to have to wear coats and just enjoy the trick or tricking and costumes. Have a great weekend. Love all of your photos!

Janet

Jennifer said...

Looks like a SUPER fun time! I love Magnolia's costume and the treat bag you made is darling. I think "the man" is pretty scary myself ;)
The food sounds yummy...The boys loved the pictures of your pumpkins and of Magnolia!

It was the perfect night here too! The weather was the best for a Halloween that I can remember...I will post some pictures soon.
Have a great weekend....

Jennifer

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Magnolia was super cute as an elephant...so were her other friends from the jungle!!

Sounds like you had terrific weather....we were freezing out there.

Your porch looks beautiful....and your dinner sounded so perfect for a Halloween night!

Hope you all have a nice relaxing weekend!

Lisa

The Pruntys said...

Magnolia looks too cute for words! What a great elephant costume. I wish I had it together enough to cook all of those yummy things that you mentioned. Sounds delicious. Can we come over for Halloween next year? LOL. Glad you had fun!

Bridget said...

Well if that isn't the cutest elephant I have ever seen! She looks so cute in her costume! sounds like a perfect night - especially with everything you had cooking in the kitchen! We had beautiful weather as well - sure makes a difference!

Glad you had a fun halloween. Hope you have a great week!

Jodie said...

Wow I loved those photos. I swear reading your blog is like looking through better homes and gardens. :) Cute cute cute! And it was a warm and lovely night. We got lucky!

And it wasn't our house all decorated like that. It was a neighbors. :)

Emily said...

i luv the round, pink cheeks! she is an adorable elephant!

very sweet and cute and makes me wanna grab her little-ness and sweep her up in the air for a great big hug & kiss.

sooo cute!