Monday, November 03, 2008



It's always so restorative to have a weekend on the island. We can go the whole weekend without seeing a soul and hearing nothing but a crackling fire and the rustle of the leaves. Our house is small and cozy. We don't need much. I feel like we could live there. It's just so simple and uncomplicated. Then I realize that if we did live there I'd still have bills to pay, doctor appointments to go to, and the realities of life would creep in. So for that I cherish our place for what it is...a retreat, a place to rest, think, and be one with nature. This weekend I was finally able to show Magnolia fallen leaves, how to walk in them, crunch them, and throw them in the air. She loved it and I loved playing with her as we waited for the woodstove to heat up the house. This was the sunset we had while we ate our dinner.

On Sunday we took a walk into the woods to Stavkirke, a Scandanavian chapel that was built by islanders as a replica of the one in Borgund, Norway. Here George took this photo of me with Magnolia and baby.


Hoping you too had a peaceful and relaxing weekend.

6 comments:

Jboo said...

Wow -- sounds like such a lovely place! Your photos are amazing! You and Magnolia and baby look so sweet! Take care.

Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

That sunset is incredible...I would not want to leave your little slice of heaven either!

Looks like Magnolia got the hang of playing in the leaves....she is so cute!

You look fantastic....and I love your new header...very cute!

Jennifer said...

Looks like the island was just perfect! I can only imagine how much you "need" and enjoy that time away and alone, just the "four" of you :)

I LOVE the picture of you, Magnolia & the baby. You look fantastic!!

Jen

Jodie said...

That chapel is neat! What a cute little bump you have! :)

Emily said...

when can we come?!?!

the girls are dying to see you all-they love you all so much. they can't believe your belly and finally understand the reality of this new life, soon to arrive.

magnolia will be a fantastic big sister.

XOXO emily

Bridget said...

Wow I want to go to the island! Everytime you post photos I can just picture what it is like - looks just perfect! Lucy is leaf crazy - looks like Magnolia loves them as well. Hope you guys are having a great week!

Bridget