Thursday, November 06, 2008

Taking a break from myself and Miss Magnolia,
I want to write a post about three awesome women.

This first one is my older sister. Older but not by much. We're separated by a mere 18 months and have been close forever. She's going through tough times right now and chronicles it and life with her three beautiful girls here. She's a fantastic writer and she never ceases to bore me with her posts although I'm surely biased. :) Go on over if for anything to see her little girls.

My younger sister is somebody else I wanted to write about. She's younger but far more mature than I. That happens when you are the sixth born, you just mature at birth. :) We live only an hour apart and talk on the phone nearly everyday. She has been a hair stylist for a long time now but is opening her very own salon at the end of the month. I went to visit her yesterday so I could see it. It's absolutely adorable and she's letting me dress the storefront window for Christmas!!! She named it Clementine Salon and if you're ever in Wisconsin and need your hair done, look her up. You won't be sorry!

The last person I want to mention is my sister-in-law, Alicia. She is George's sister and a trained chef. Not too long ago, she started her own cupcake business, Baby Cakes. She is an awesome baker and her cupcakes are too die for!!! If you live in St. Louis please check her out and if anything, just take a peek at her website, it's adorable!

Way to go girls, you are all an inspiration to me!

6 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Hi Lucy,

What a great tribute to three wonderful women!

I just went over to "visit" your older sister!! Now I wish I lived in St. Louis, so I could go visit your SIL...those cupcakes look DELISH!!!

Take some pics of the storefront window....I can only imagine how beautiful it looks!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Lisa

Jennifer said...

What a sweet post! I love Emily's blog and check in on it, pretty often. She is a great writer, and obviously a very strong and wise woman!

How exciting about the salon! Does she do your hair?(it is always so cute!)

I did not know about George's sisters business. They look yummy! I will be passing the word around :)

Have a great weekend....Only 4 days left.....

Jen

Emily said...

awh, thanks lucy for your kind words and support, but you have to know that you are a great source of inspiration, to me! i am amazed by your strength & your sensiblity & your creative spirit. i'm blessed to have you & mary as my sisters~i love you both!

can't wait to see mary's salon in 3 weeks!

XOXO

Jboo said...

What a sweet post to three incredible women! Your sister's three girls are so beautiful!! And those cupcakes look yummy! And how fun to have a sister that is a hair stylist -- sisters will always give an unbiased opinion and one that will do your hair --awesome!

Have a great weekend!

Janet

Anonymous said...

Lucy-
How sweet of you to write about me and the salon. You are the one that inspires me everyday and you are always there to give me great ideas! Even the name everyone, comes from Lucy. I can't wait to see what beautiful creations you come up with for my storefront!! Thanks for everything. I am sooo lucky to have such wonderfully fabulous sisters. Love you both very much!
Mary

Bridget said...

Lucy -

What a sweet post. I have four sisters and there's nothing better! I just checked your sisters blog and not only is she a great writer she certainly seems like a strong woman and a wonderful mom to three adorable daughters!

Your sisters salon sounds great - I too would love to see the pics of the storefront window - do post. I used to cut my younger sisters hair when we were little - I thought I was a stylist but was far from it:) they love to always remind me.

I also checked out your SIL's website - yum! I was wondering if I drove by there on my last visit to STL on the way to the airport. I didn't see an address on the website. I will look it up when we are home for Christmas.

Hope you are enjoying a great week!

- Bridget

ps - didn't realize you were in WI - I'm next door in MN.