Monday, November 17, 2008


"The important thing about being two is all the things you can do."
-Another Important Book, Margaret Wise Brown

Magnolia June, you can do so many things! You are talking in sentences now! You recognize all the letters in the alphabet. In the grocery store I hand you something from the cart and you identify all the letters on the packages. You love to sing and one day in the grocery you were doing it nonstop. After about 5 minutes of it, you said "mama mama" and then sang. I had to laugh out loud. I told you I had heard you for the last 5 minutes. The minute we get in the car you ask for music please! You are learning to put on your own shoes and clothes. You are such a girly girl. You want to wear your skirt and dresses so you can twirl. I recently bought a pair of fancy shoes and when you saw them you exclaimed "mommy's shoes, cute!" You've been wearing them since. You love to carry purses and wear chapstick. I put pig tails in your hair and you loved them, touching them all day and crying when they fell out, you called them "piggies." You say your name correctly as opposed to "namama." You can't seem to pronounce your ds. Cold is coln, bed is ben. The ds are replaced with ns. You love your babies and I love to watch you play with them. You do and say all the things I have done with you. When we ask you if you're daddy's girl you say "yes I are " and then correct yourself saying "yes I am!" I started to teach you how to use chopsticks. You have the pinching kind to start with and you like using them. We've been eating a lot of pot stickers for lunch and dipping them in soy sauce. You had a little ramekin of soy sauce and since you're such a salty girl, you proceeded to lift the ramekin and drink the soy sauce. I laughed out loud because I know how much you love salty things, enough to drink soy sauce! Your face was crestfallen and confused at why I was laughing. I felt terrible and explained that we don't drink it just dip in it. We cannot keep chips in this house because it would be all you'd eat. You're a real chipaholic, if they're around, you refuse to eat anything else. You get frustrated and don't like it when you don't get your way. You've started throw things when you're mad which we need to work on. :) Overall your temper is still pretty mild and it doesn't last long.

You can do so many things, I'm not even naming them all. You are getting to be such a big girl. You are doing everything you should be at two. I'm so proud of you! xoxo

*Photo taken before Charlie's Birthday Party. Happy Birthday Charlie!*

6 comments:

Emily said...

very cute!
very sweet!
Magnolia is growing up!

love,
Emily

Bridget said...

Well if Magnolia is not the prettiest girl in pink - darling dress and pretty party shoes!! She sounds like the funnest little girl - love that she loves to sing. And what a smart girl recognizing all of her letters I am very impressed! Hope you guys are having a nice week!

- Bridget

Jboo said...

Sweet post!! Two is a very fun age!

Hope you are having a good week.

Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Such a sweet post...I love hearing all that Magnolia can do....she is such a smart little girl!!

Enjoy your week!

Lisa

Jennifer said...

She is getting so big!
I love hearing all your wonderful updates about her!
I can't believe that she has a temper :) Just wait for the "threes"....HA!

Jen

Anonymous said...

Drinking soy sauce straight...just a step away from drinking bitters...a real "island girl"!

Love,

Papa