Tuesday, February 03, 2009



Welcome February! I hope this month goes by as fast as it always seems to. It's been cold, too cold to do anything. Being pregnant in this weather is hard! With that said, I've been back in the sewing room. Not doing a whole lot but at least doing some things. I've been trying to gather my projects and take them downstairs so I can sit with my feet up in front of the fire. I'm enjoying the hand sewing far more than standing at my machine. For most of my pregnancy I've been needle pointing. Needle pointing a belt for George. I know that sounds strange but it's a St. Louis thing and if you're from STL then you'll know what I'm talking about. In doing that, I've discovered that it's the only thing to really relax me. Now I'm onto baby things and a couple of things for Magnolia. I made some beanbags and hair bows to give to her for Valentine's Day. I saw hair bows similar to these on JCr*w's Cr*wcuts site. Anytime they're having a sale things go so fast. I saw these one minute and then they were gone the next so I decided to try to make them. I used ribbon and tulle I already had. I like how they turned out but I'm having the hardest time finding alligator clips to glue them to. The first picture is of Magnolia wearing a hand knit sweater and hat by my sister, Emily. Thank you Emily, they are both beautiful! The last picture is Magnolia in the sewing room pouring me a cup of tea on top of the baby blanket I'm making out of a cashmere sweater. We have a lot of fun in that room!


10 comments:

Lesley Annas said...

The hat and sweater are adorable! As are the bows you made. Seems like there is quite a bit of talent in your family. I dream of the day that I will have time to use my creative abilities. Magnolia is a doll you should be very proud. I am praying for your family and the little one still in the oven.

Jboo said...

Wow -- your sister is talented too! What a beautiful sweater and hat! Love your sewing projects and your little Magnolia pouring you a cup of tea! Could she be any sweeter!! Take it easy. February will go by fast!

Janet

kimpanek said...

Lucy- I follow your blog as well and love seeing your posts. I'm so jealous at how artistic and creative you are. Magnolia is just adorable!

Kate said...

Lucy,

The pictures of Magnolia are darling. I love the color of the aht and sweater...and oh my...she is just at the cutest age...so sweet and innocent!!!

I love the beanbags and hairbows. You are so creative. Just stay warm and keep enjoying a warm cup...poured by the sweetest little waitress I know!!!

Kate

Bridget said...

Hi Lucy -
I am so glad someone else needlepoints belts - I have never even seen one in Minneapolis! One more STL connection (love Sign of the Arrow:) Anyway love your bows and beanbags - you are quite creative! As far as alligator clips you can find a box of them
(100)at Sally Beauty Supply. If you don't have one nearby I bet you can order on line or let me know as there is one close to our house.

Hope you are staying warm. We're trying and just hoping for an early spring!

Hope all's well!

ps -

Love the hat and sweater -looks like talent runs in the family!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I just came from your other blog and saw the cashmere outfit....now this....you are too talented my friend...WOW!!

Miss Magnolia is so sweet....and the hat and sweater your sister made is just beautiful....Bridget is right...the talent must run in the family!

Lisa

Jennifer said...

Lucy,
Your sister is so talented!
I love the bows, you are so good!
Of course, I love Sign of the Arrow! When Dave & I were dating I made him and I a keychain, I think a belt would take me forever...which one are you making?

Wishing & hoping for an early spring here too! We are getting ready for a little warm-up!


Jen

Jennifer said...

I am in amazement at all you do while pregnant and being a Mommy to a two year old!! You are a wonderful woman, wife and mother!

Steffie B. said...

Oh how I remember being pregnant with Daniel during this time....he was an April baby as well....this month should go quickly.....March will be your killer month! lol I was a big as a house by then....the good thing is spring is right around the corner....hope you are feeling well and that things are going smoothly....

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Hi Lucy,

I just saw your comment about the pictures I posted last night...yes, I did use a reflectors during that photo session to bounce some of the light back up to her face....they make a huge difference:)

Hope you are feeling great.....another week down:)

Happy Monday!

Lisa