Friday, March 06, 2009


I love handwritten notes, embossers, stamps, and beautiful stationary. I've always wanted a writing desk for this reason. When I saw this desk at Goodwill last fall, I just had to have it. Of course at the time it didn't look like this at all, it needed quite a bit of work but I saw the potential. George was not happy when I came home and told him we'd need his car to go and get it. We have a house (make that two) and a basement full of furniture. It's sort of a problem, we love furniture and have too much of it. The last thing we needed was another piece. Good thing it was my birthday and he conceded. The minute he saw it he loved it too. With a pregnant wife and a two year old, it sat in his shop for many months while he slowly took his time stripping it down to its original finish and giving it many repairs. It's finally done and I just love it so much. What you don't see is my laptop that sits there for most of the time. It's my favorite place to sit with a cup of coffee. Thank you George, I love it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The desk looks great-much better than the day you bought it. You are lucky to have this private space-enjoy! momma-also happy about this little baby-can't wait!!!

Bridget said...

Good work George! Lucy - your desk looks great- I would love to sit there with a cup of coffee as well. What a perfect piece of furniture for all of your pretty writing materials and of course your laptop! Hope you are enjoying a bit of warmer weather like we are! Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Bridget

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

That desk is amazing.....it looks beautiful and so inviting. I would love to blogsurf sitting there with a good cup of coffee.....or a glass of wine:)

Hope you are doing well!

Lisa

kimpanek said...

I wish I could find something at Goodwill like that! That desk is awesome- I wish I had your talent.

Jboo said...

Oh my -- it is beautiful!! What a great job your hub did on it! Hope you are enjoying a nice weekend!

Janet

Jennifer said...

I love it! What a great find... You ALWAYS have the nack for finding the best buys! I can go to Goodwill over and over and nothing :(
Reminds of the red pants and your bed spread find from our ScholarShop days... :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love it Lucy - great find and good work George! I am trying to place where you have it. Is it on the wall near the stairs?