Tuesday, March 10, 2009



We have been really housebound lately. It's gotten way too hard to go out and about being this big and uncomfortable. The strange thing is that I prefer to be at home. Not sure how Magnolia feels about it but we've been trying to stay busy around the house. Here she is playing in the bathroom sink, her new favorite activity.
I hope to do Magnolia update soon but before I forget I want to mention what happened today.
Magnolia has been throwing things for some time now when she gets frustrated but lately the throwing has been replaced by high pitched screams. Most of the time I don't react and tell her calmly that she looks frustrated but it's not polite to throw or scream and she just needs to tell me she's frustrated, she needs help, or maybe she just needs attention. Sometimes I don't quite have the patience and tell her to stop! :) Today I was cooking dinner and apparently she was getting frustrated with something and I didn't even realize it. She marched into the kitchen and promptly told me that she needed attention. I was so proud that I swooped her up with a big hug and kiss and thanked her for telling me. I set her up in the kitchen to help me and when she had her fill, she got down and went back to playing. Ah, I love when there's good communication but mostly I'm proud of my little 2 year old. :)

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

She is growing up.... You are such a good Mommy! I love the pictures :)

Jen

Jboo said...

Awww -- she is such a sweetie! That is so great that she is using her words and then everything is better, isn't it! And why is the sink and water so much fun to little ones!?!! Have a great day!

Janet

Sarah and Shawn said...

Lucy, I love that her hair bow matches the color of her accessories!

Sarah and Shawn said...

Lucy, I love that her hair bow matches the color of her accessories!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

She is so cute!! This is a tough age....we are finding a lot of the same things with Sarah. She is really testing us to see just how far she can go......It is so wonderful that Magnolia came right out and said she needed attention.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

What a sweet 2 year old you have! What a mature thing for her to do and say that she needs attention because she was frustrated!! Isn't it awesome when your children actually follow through and do something that you have been trying to "teach" them! What a precious Mom you are!!

Dawn

Casey said...

Hello! I'm new to your blog and I just wanted to say that you have a beautiful family and a lovely blog. I've really enjoyed reading it, especially your travel to China. It brought back so many memories of our own. I just love your daughter's name, and she is just darling. Congrats on your new soon-to-be arrival!!

Casey

Bridget said...

Oh Lucy - she is too cute!! She and my Miss Lucy seem to have a few things in common. Lucy loves the sink - she can't wash her hands enough. She has thrown a few things and loves that high pitched squeal. she had yet to tell me she needs attention - but we are going to work on that today! Good for Magnolia. Hope all's well and you are enjoying some beautiful warm weather like us!!!