Friday, April 17, 2009


This new life born just 11 days ago has brought me a wonderful new life. Things couldn't be better around here. Am I still running on adrenaline or was I just so miserable waiting and worrying for him to arrive that everything seems like a piece of cake now? Magnolia has even been such a good sport about her brother's arrival. There has not been one single instance of her acting out or even a hint of jealousy. I am waiting for it but so far she's shown nothing but love and acceptance towards him. I am SO amazed but then again I try to remind myself that she really is sweet by nature. We are slowly finding a new rhythm around here and really just taking it all in very slowly. I am able somehow to get laundry done and keep the house somewhat clean. I don't know if it's the convenient set up of our house or maybe that I was already a mom but it hasn't been nearly as hard as I imagined. Am I tired? Yes, but I know that comes with the territory and I know I won't be tired for the rest of my life. I know my kids will grow up, sleep through the night, go to school, and need me a lot less than they do now. So for now it's nice to be needed. I am enjoying this baby so much and know this first year is going to fly by. I want to relish every moment with him. He's such a delight, I can't believe he's finally here and we both made it safe and sound! What a miracle!

Sleeping in his Moses Basket....I feel like he's outgrowing it already!!!

Many faces of baby George

Magnolia takes the time to read to George during Tummy Time.




6 comments:

Jboo said...

Oh Lucy -- I am so happy to hear that all is going so well for all of you! He is quite adorable and his sweet big sister is too! You take the best photos ever. Have a great weekend with your lovely family.

Janet

jdoyle said...

I love reading your blog, and am so glad that you enjoying every minute of your new family of four!

Magnolia is so sweet, and she probably won't show much jealousy toward George. Instead, she'll relish her role as big sister and Mom's helper.

Awesome kids!

Jeannine

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

OH MY....he is just so cute!! Sounds like all is well and you are adjusting to your new schedule and life with baby George.

Enjoy every moment with him.....they grow so fast....as you already know!! Look at Miss Magnolia.....such a great big sister!!

Lisa

Jennifer said...

Lucy,
I am so, so happy for you! I know that this is what you have always wanted! I cannot think of anyones else, who deserves it more! I love the pictures of George and Magnolia, keep them coming!

P.S. How is Stanley :)

Jen

Jill said...

WOW LUCY! I want some of what you have..LOL!
SO GLAD to hear things are going so well, and that Magnolia is being such a great big sisiter!
Can't wait to see more pics of little George!
Hugs, Jill

Casey said...

What a sweet baby!! He is just adorable!! I'm so glad to read that you are adjusting so well to two children and enjoying every sweet moment! I have to remind myself often that they DO grow so fast and to just relish this time.

Beautiful pictures!!