Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Boy, oh boy does Magnolia love her baby brother. I am still amazed at her acceptance and love towards him. This morning she came into the kitchen, looked around and asked "where's my baby brother?" Yesterday we went out for the first time together. I started by putting her in the car first and she said, "don't forget my brother!" Thank goodness she's on top of it in the event I ever do forget him!

Things continue to be good around here. Probably because we aren't doing too much. Yesterday's outing consisted of driving to the bank and back again. It was so rainy and cold that I didn't feel like getting both of them out of the car. I did take the baby out by myself over the weekend and it was easy until we got to the grocery and his car seat wouldn't fit in the cart! Yikes, what a pain that's going to be. After asking other moms about it, I was informed that car seats don't always fit. More of a reason to carry him in my sling.

The first picture isn't that great but I loved seeing him wearing those cashmere pants I made out of an arm of a sweater. He slept all day wearing those things. I can only imagine how cozy he was!

George took most of the pictures below. He's so much better at shooting in manual. I just can't seem to grasp it. Love these shots he took of the both of them.

Hope everyone is having a great week with warmer weather than we've been having...snow the past two mornings!!!

5 comments:

Casey said...

Beautiful children!! Love those black and whites!!

And I'm seriously impressed with the cashmere pants! What a great idea!

Jboo said...

So glad to hear that all is going so well for all of you. That Magnolia is such a sweetheart -- looking out for baby brother already -- so adorable. Great photos! And cashmere pants -- those had to feel great.

Hope spring and warm temps are there very soon!

Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

The dreaded grocery carts...that drove me crazy.....I had to remember which stores would fit and which ones didn't. You would think that they would come up with a universal one!

Glad to hear that everything is still going so well.....how cute the Magnolia is so concerned for her new baby brother! Love the cashmere pants......he is adorable!

Lisa

Jennifer said...

You are so blessed! They are precious. I always used the Baby Bjorn in the stores too, much cleaner.... I love the pants, you are so good!

Okay what is "manual"...help George, this camera is WAY over my head :(

Jen

anne & david said...

glad to hear you are taking it easy and things seem to be seemless for you. what a sweet big sister story. i adore the b/w of george's shoulder.

ps...i've found that manual takes lots of practice on INanimate objects (not exactly what you're going for these days) :)

xx