Monday, April 27, 2009



My sister, Emily, came for the weekend. Thank goodness! George had to go on a business trip so I was so grateful for her help and company. I was a complete wreck on Friday night because she was two hours late in arriving. I was convinced she was in an accident. Turns out she hit a deer in the middle of nowhere and drove to the nearest town where she discovered her car was totaled. She was going to be pretty much stranded until a retired cop offered to drive her the rest of the way to my house! She is the only person I know who doesn't have a cell phone so she had no way of calling me to tell me why she was so late. I was just so happy she was okay! She was such a great help to me, I couldn't have survived the weekend by myself! My brain is complete mush and I've lost all common sense. Thank you Emily for making the trip and having to go through all you did to get here!

Please come back soon Aunt Emily!

2 comments:

Jboo said...

Oh my -- I'll bet you were worried! Glad that she is ok after the car/deer mishap! Great photo of her with Baby George and Magnolia!

Janet

Jennifer said...

I am so glad that she is OK! Yikes, no cell phone.... Sounds like you had a great weekend!


Jen