Monday, April 27, 2009



The wind has shifted around here. We've been getting more of the behavior we expected from Magnolia. She's realizing that her little brother is a permanent thing. She's realized that there's some competition now. If he cries, she cries. If I have to pick up the baby, she wants to be picked up. If I lay him in his crib, she wants to get in too. She wants to be burped. She wants nukies. All the normal regression stuff I knew would happen. I would have been worried if she really didn't seem affected by having a sibling. The funny thing is that she's also done a lot of growing up too. She puts her shoes on all by herself. She's using a bigger vocabulary and talking nonstop. She's showing signs of wanting to be potty trained and even gone in her potty without me even asking her! I know I should act on her signs but I'm not ready for it. I'm still trying to figure out how to run errands with both kids. I've resigned myself from going out unless absolutely necessary until we get more on a schedule. Good thing spring has arrived and we can be outside! Magnolia loved feeling George's soft skin on her face in these photos.
I could kiss both of their cheeks all day long!

6 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

These photos are just beautiful!! Sounds like even though Magnolia is experiencing a little regression, she is still handling the whole big sister thing pretty well!! I have been thinking of you and how you are doing....so glad that your sister was able to come in to help you out while George was away...I just read that post....thank goodness for the nice retired officer!!

Lisa

Jboo said...

Beautiful photos!! Sounds like Magnolia is going through the usual growing pains and getting to be such a big girl! So many changes. Hope the weather is good there for you. Take care.

Janet

Jennifer said...

Your pictures are just beautiful! I love the way George is looking at Magnolia :) I am sure Magnolia will be fine..I remember Matthew going through that phase, it took awhile, but he "recovered". I remember the errand thing too.... LOL :) Thinking of you!

Jen

Bridget said...

Hi Lucy-
Just catching up and so glad to see such adorable pictures! Well sounds like Magnolia is reacting like most new siblings but she certainly seems to love her little brother! Sounds like things are going well for you - glad to hear it. I must say that it brought a smile to my face when I read your line about being tired, etc. but some day things will be different and your kids won't need you as much as they do right now. Quite refreshing as I feel the same way but don't seem to hear it much from others. you and I need to meet one of these days:)

Well glad that all is going well. You certainly have a handsome boy on your hands - and what about those pants you made out of a sweater sleeve?! I want a pair (it would have to be a pretty big sweater though - you are quite talented! Keep those cute pictures coming - I love seeing those two cuties together!

Take Care!

Bridget

ps - glad our sister made it okay - sorry about her car!

The Pruntys said...

Such sweet photos! Atleast baby George doesn't have a circle of teeth marks on his beautiful little forehead...that is how Jack let it be known that he was not going to give up his throne when we brought Henry home. Ha ha. Now they are the best of friends...although Jack still lets him know who's boss on a daily basis. :)

Casey said...

Beautiful!!! He is smiling at her!! How adorable.

I'm sorry you are experiencing the regression... but it will pass quickly ... you can just tell how much she loves him in these photos!! Even without a little sibling, Em went through a brief period of sucking her thumb (she never did before) and crying like a baby.... maybe we all have to step back before we can move forward... I know I feel like that a lot! HAHA!!

Lovely pics!